Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Does size matter.....? Rss

Friend of mine just got engaged, and the ring was under $1000, she just called me upset coz another friend of hers is saying she cant believe she said yes when he had such a small ring....i think her engagement ring was around $7k and is HUGE!

I personally thought that the point was that you love the other person so it didnt matter, but guess it does to some people....so does size (or $$) matter.....

Absolutely not. Getting married has very little to do with the bling and more to do with the commitment you are making to another person for the rest of your life.

This other friend seems a tad shallow if you ask me...(which you didn't lol)

I think it depends on your love for shiny things lol. If mine had been small (very ashamed here) But I would of been disappointed. This makes me ound horrible, but I do have a love for diamonds so it had to be the right one iykwim? I think its rude to tell someone theirs is small though
[Edited on 11/08/2009]
I dont think it matters... Getting engaged or married is supposed to be about the love and commitment the 2 have for each other.. not about the cost of the ring... Some people cant afford to spend such money on a ring.. and others just dont see the point in it.. think about where else that money could go.....

$7K for a ring... how expensive is the wedding going to cost??...

Admittedly, my ring was around the $3k mark but its the ring of my dreams and my DF can afford it... but i wouldnt go bragging about it to someone who's ring cost less.. thats just shoving it in their face and plain out rude...
Not to me, it's the thought that counts.
Hubby pick out a ring that he knew i would love. He look at the style of rings i wear.
I don't care how much he spent on it.

Money & size does NOT matter to me. It is the thought that counts....

and im still waiting for DP to have that thought haha
Posted by: sabrina0007

Ha ha, that made me laugh

Well my hubby spent about $300 on my engagement ring (i picked it out) cause we bought a house instead... i know what i prefer having (umm.. the house)!!

Posted by: sabrina0007

LOL, maybe you need to make sure he knows that the size doesnt matter- he could secretly be saving for a big rock thinking thats what you want.......gotta at least be worth a mention to him!! lol

What a shallow cow to say that! My engagement ring was $600 row of sapphires. We both saw it at the same time and said "that's nice!" on our whrilwind tour of Tasmania. It's a great story to tell and means more to me than several 1000s.

I hope the 7K girl is not invited to your wedding, the snooty thing. Meh!
what does it matter??? i didnt even get one from des! and my wedding ring was worth a total of a WHOPPING $89!

great friend!
Sign in to follow this topic