Huggies Forum

Red heads... Lock Rss

who here is a redhead or has redheaded children??

growing up i ws always severely picked on for having red hair (strawberry blonde). I don't have big freckles or anything though.

I was always teased called rubes/rednut etc.

Now both my boys hair and I often worry that they will get picked on too for it when they get older. I don't think my brother does so i'm hoping since I was in school that kids have grown up a little bit and silly things like the colour of someone's hair doesn't matter anymore.

I had a disagreement with a friend of a friend recently and she sent my mate a reply saying..."just looked at her picutres ewww her kids are rangas"...it made me break down into tears reading that.

Oh hunny, dont listen to people!!!!!!! They should learn to keep there comments to themselves.

Kids will get picked on anyway. Every child will get picked on at some stage in there life. Its sad to think but its true.

I know a few people who had red hair as a child and it went brown later in life, my brother being one of them. Try not to worry smile
Agree with PP - kids will get picked on for something, not matter what it is. big ears, big nose, glasses, being fat, being skinny, you name it - to be honest kids can be cruel, as long as we teach our children to be positive and to be happy within themselves who gives a toss what others say!
Posted by: igglepiggle
Agree with PP - kids will get picked on for something, not matter what it is. big ears, big nose, glasses, being fat, being skinny, you name it - to be honest kids can be cruel, as long as we teach our children to be positive and to be happy within themselves who gives a toss what others say!

Thats so true. One of my best mates is a RED head. and i mean RED RED lol. She always gets comments about it but responds with 'so what i love my hair colour, at least its not boring and yuck like yours' That generally shuts people up lol.
Hi, I know how you feel im a redhead and so is my DD. It makes me so mad when people go on about "rangas" especially all these groups on facebook and even major celebs going on about "rangas" being a horrible breed that need to be wiped out!! it just makes my blood boil! on the other hand though I have noticed that there are a LOT of redheaded kids around for some reason so I hope my DD will have other kids around her with red hair. anyway sorry for the rant!
I've noticed that lately say the last 3-5 years alot more redheads(strawberry blondes) have been around too. It really annoys me about facebook. I saw a facebook group called "i shot a ranga" it had this redhead teenager with someone holding a gun to his head. I reported it and nothing happened.

My mum was red while she was younger and went brown, and she said mine has started to darken too. I died it through higschool and everytime i went to the hair-dressers they used to say how much they loved my natural colour and how some people pay 1000's dollars to have red hair etc

Posted by: AlyceConnorRiley
i went to the hair-dressers they used to say how much they loved my natural colour and how some people pay 1000's dollars to have red hair etc

Im one of those people lol, i have red & black though. But the red i have in my hair is bright (Elmo red)
I grew up very close to my cousins who were all redheads - and I was always jealous of their beautiful hair! Personally I think red hair is gorgeous, whether fire engine red or strawberry blond, and there are plenty of people who feel the same as I do - so don't let horrible comments get to you! Better stunning red than mud brown if you ask me.
lol that would be cool, I don't mind my hair so much now that i'm older but when i was a kid absolutely hated it. probably didn't help it was also curly but atleast now i can straighten it

There are unfortunately heaps of facebook groups about "rangas". I tried to report one to that was particularly nasty nothing happend so im not using facebook anymore! luckily I wasnt really teased much as a kid I grew up in the country so maybe people were a little nicer! the worst I ever got was Carrot top, to which I would say no carrot tops are green! lol
I had never heard the term ranga until I went to Victoria earlier this year. Maybe we are more enlightened over here in goold old Wait Awhile.
Lol...that carrot top thing was pretty funny, never thought of that. even DF thought that was a good come back...

I only hear the term ranga probably in the last year or so from my sisters (they joke about it of themselves) and school aged kids at the shops i over heard talking and then i saw that thread.

Sign in to follow this topic