Huggies Forum

YUCK!! Rss

my hubby was ouside with the kids when the youngest started to cry& scream , ryan was playing with some empty plant pots with stick & dirt etc dh discoverd 2 huge huntsmen on the pots cant blame ryan i would have screamed too!

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Aren't they the most horrible things, I hate them.

We have one that visits us every night, we have even called it Rupert.
He comes out and sits in the same spot every night near the clothes line, he is now just part of the family.

Jo
i would have ran and scremed aswell i doont like spiders

Ann - Mummy To Taneesha, Jesse & Hallie

Don't want to alarm you, but be careful of redbacks-they like to nest under the rims of plantpots. I have found many, many of them. Huge they are as well, we kill them and crush their eggs. (nasty) They are usually timid, but I get rid of them anyway!

mum of 1

I am terrified of them and once I discovered one bigger than my hand and I freaked. I couldn't ring the fire brigade as my husband is a volunteer and would get picked on. I killed it myself.
The other day I pulled my visor down in the car to discover the biggest white tail spider. My son (17mths) thought it was hysterical mummy hitting the spider and screaming at the same time!!

finding a spider on the visor in the car is a fear I have and I think of it whenever I pull the visor down.

Linda (Jessica 3/4/03, Caleb 11/4/05)

We have heaps of spiders in my house, they are mainly daddylong legs, which help to keep other spiders at bay. Huntsmen don't hurt. Though they do give you a good fright!
I grew up in a rural area and we always had spiders in our bedrooms. Obviously we remove or kill the poisonious ones. However I let the harmless ones run free.
My mother inlaw always frowns at my cobweb collection lol, but thats her problem lol.
Hope you haven't had any more yucky suprises.
Em

Em Tmba - mum to Liam 31/7/03 & Callum 7/5/05

My Son was toileting the other day and with his first attempts at going to toilet after telling me he needed to go, some how he managed to get poo on the floor, which then scraped under the door and smeared on the floor, He then came out with it on his bum and I had to clean it all up even under that thin crack between the door and floor, interesting?

Mrs L. Commins.

Mrs. L Commins

Sorry I must have missed something...

What has that got to do with spiders...?

I hate all spiders, they make my skin crawl!!!

Michelle wink

a freind told as she was ironing jeans a huge spider crawled out of the pocket!

another yuck! i read about a woman who was hangin i the washing out she put a peg in the mouth. havent we all? and found a hard thing in her mouth. she spat out a red back

My partner foung a good way of getting rid of spiders that are on the ceiling or on the wall. if on the ceiling get an empty jar and put some metho in it dont need much only about an inch high and place it over the spider it then drops straight into the metho and dies. the metho tends to erode the web very quickly or if not give it a little drag. if its on the wall just use and empty jar do the same and replace the lid as quickly as possible the spider usally dies within that night from a lack of oxygen.

Storm 21/04/04,Blade 21/09/05 + one on the way

Sign in to follow this topic