Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Please help me! Rss

Please help! My sons and DH and I each have a pillow top mattress thing, plus a fitted woolen underlay. I bought us all electric blankets on the weekend and was about to put them on but I don't know where to put them - under the underlay or on top? I thought you wanted the wool closest to your body but it doesn't seem right to put the e/blanket underneath?? Help!!

Please help! My sons and DH and I each have a pillow top mattress thing, plus a fitted woolen underlay. I bought us all electric blankets on the weekend and was about to put them on but I don't know where to put them - under the underlay or on top? I thought you wanted the wool closest to your body but it doesn't seem right to put the e/blanket underneath?? Help!!

ummmm good question ? maybe you should only have one or the other - like take underlay off while you have the electric blanket on? then swap back to underlay ? winter / summer options?

ummmm good question ? maybe you should only have one or the other - like take underlay off while you have the electric blanket on? then swap back to underlay ? winter / summer options?

I thought the blanket should be on top but when I made the bed, it felt weird as I could feel the wires (not heaps but they were there kwim?) so I tried it with the blanket under the underlay and it is sooooo cozy. I hope it'll be ok? I phoned my mum and she said that's how they used to do it but she can't really remember. I also thought about having one or the other but I love my underlay and DH would go mad if I took it off as I just bought us all new underlays a few weeks ago and now the blankets! Being cold costs a fortune smile
yeah true ... that makes sense. sounds nice and comfy!
guess you could also check info that came with blanket but to make sure the underlay won't cause any hazard or damage to the blanket being on top of it. dont want a fire or anything!
Sign in to follow this topic