Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. DR/Patient Confidentiality............

DR/Patient Confidentiality............ Lock Rss

I would be cranky too, but don't think I'd go as far as not recommending or going through him if he is a good OB maybe just tell people to make sure they tell him not to tell anyone.
I know what you mean mummi but there is no way I could go see him now, the person that he told considers herself our friend, very long story but I do NOT want her knowing ANYTHING about me, I don't feel that I should have to actually tell a DR not to say anything about me!

I know what you mean mummi but there is no way I could go see him now, the person that he told considers herself our friend, very long story but I do NOT want her knowing ANYTHING about me, I don't feel that I should have to actually tell a DR not to say anything about me!

Does the OB know that you guys aren't really friends?! Not that that should make a difference but perhaps he thought everyone's friends no harm done? lol I don't know- I get what you are saying though, definitely should NOT have to tell a DR not to say anything!
The problem is this person thinks she is close friends with us, I know I sound horrid but I can't stand her and neither can friend, they just worked together nothing more.
No matter who is friends with who he should never have said anything without patients consent

I would be cranky too, but don't think I'd go as far as not recommending or going through him if he is a good OB maybe just tell people to make sure they tell him not to tell anyone.

Mummi no paitent should ever have to request a Dr keep medical details to themselves. Drs take an oath and are legally required to keep a paitents details confidential. If he can breach Dr paitent confidentiality then what else is he capable of?? Sorry but I certainly wouldnt trust him as far as I could kick him.

Cheers Ness

Wow I got my 1st neg!!

Thats it Ness, the trust is not there, its such a shame we just don't have a lot of coice around here and believe me if he did it to me and I found I WOULD without a doubt be taking it a whole lot further
I would stay clear of that OB for sure!! If it means in the future that you need to travel a bit further for the confidentiality then I would def be doing that! If it had happend to me personally then I would be taking it further, that is not at all professional and he should not be allowed to get away with it.
It may also mean a different hospital too though sad but I don't think I would ever feel comfortable after that.

I can't believe how much its getting to me, as my friend isn't following it up but I just hate that nothing will happen with it
Sign in to follow this topic