Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Anyone have a Forehead Thermometer??

Anyone have a Forehead Thermometer?? Rss

I got one and it's great, it's abit hard to get bub to keep still.

I remember from when the lil man was in the NICU they told us that the only thermometers that are reliable for lil kids under about 3 are the under the arm ones... Their ears are too little to get an accurate scan with the ear ones and the forehead ones are just crap...

Best recommendation is get one that just goes under the arm, yes they tend not to like it but at least its accurate

I went thru three thermometers trying to find one I liked, until I realised they are just not necessary! I can feel if my child has a temp and can tell just by looking at them if they are sick, I don't need a device to put a number on it. smile

I remember from when the lil man was in the NICU they told us that the only thermometers that are reliable for lil kids under about 3 are the under the arm ones... Their ears are too little to get an accurate scan with the ear ones and the forehead ones are just crap...

Best recommendation is get one that just goes under the arm, yes they tend not to like it but at least its accurate

How underarm one is hopeless. Unless we get it int he exact position needed it gives us a really low reading. And is it true with the underarm ones you are supposed to add .8 of a degree to it?

Ive found the dummy themometers are the best. As long as it isnt taken out of the mouth. itsa the only one that has been reliable (till it got broken sad)

How underarm one is hopeless. Unless we get it int he exact position needed it gives us a really low reading. And is it true with the underarm ones you are supposed to add .8 of a degree to it?

Ive found the dummy themometers are the best. As long as it isnt taken out of the mouth. itsa the only one that has been reliable (till it got broken sad)

no you don't need to add anything to a reading from any thermometer.

Came across this because looking to see whether to get a forehead thermometer or not. We have the Braun Thermoscan ear thermometer and paid a hefty price for ours and it Sucks! The readings are not accurate at all, I have to take my kids temperature at least three times to get an average as I can get readings of 36deg then 38deg within seconds of each other. I think it's because the kids ear cavity is to small to get a proper reading, I have to practically rip my kids ears up to get the thermometer deep in the ear which is very uncomfortable and painful for them sad was hoping the forehead ones were better but might have to just go back to under the arm!
Try this non contact forehead thermometer, this will give you an accurate result, very handy and this can be also a best gift to your family members and friends.
Sign in to follow this topic