Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Makes me angry Lock Rss

Yeah well we all get over things doesn't mean we forget!! A few years ago dp and i went away for about 2 weeks, we left our dog with my dad, my dad loves my dog and was taking great care of him!! But he sulked and sulked for us, i rang my dad and he said he's good and running around but he keeps looking for you!! We once left him at a boarding kennel for one night, again they said he sulked, he had play time with the other dogs but wouldn't play all he would do is cuddle the carers!!

They know their owners and love them! I know there not human but they do have emotions clearly, i can go out for 1 hour and his bum just about falls off from wagging his tail when i get home.
o.k and i now have about 10 dogs i want LoL thought it was earlier then it is so i'm out of here for the night! Sweet dreams all!!
OOOooohhh don't get me started on abused animals.... the penalties should be the same for the abusers as if they abused or assaulted a person (if anything, it is even more evil to abuse an animal, because they are such defenceless, trusting creatures that are completely dependent on us for everything).

People do the most horrendous things to animals, and there are no deterrents - they might get a $5000 fine or something equally pathetic!
What does this say about us as a society?

And another thing - almost all serial killers started off as animal torturers (they also tended to wet the bed and be obsessed with starting fires..) so we should be locking all the animal abusers up before they can progress to that!

Re the original comment about the 9 y.o. dog given away by its family - how terribly sad for that poor dog. Whatever great reasons the family might have (and I hope they do!!), the dog will never understand! We have a 6 y.o. retriever who has had to stay with other members of our family a few times (for 4-6 weeks at a time) and he never stopped waiting for us to return, even though he was being very well looked after. We have turned down a couple of very attractive job offers overseas solely because we won't leave him - not even with family. He won't be with us forever and we can do those things down the track.

I hope the 9 y.o. dog finds a wonderful family who will spoil and love him for the rest of his life.
I had to get my dog put down when I left mainland for Christmas Island.

He was a beautiful dog and no one would take him. Broke my heart to put him down. After I did it all the people we asked, family etc, said if we knew you were serious about putting him down we would have taken him. THAT made my blood boil!!! There was one person that wanted to but couldn't because they already had 4 dogs and legally could not have anymore.

So there are reasons why some people can't take their pets. I would have done ANYTHING to take my dog and my rat (luckily my rat found a home but died with in months, he was never the same after I left). It's also because of this I have been very hesitant at taking anymore animals on until we have a permenant house of our own.

so good to see more animal lovers on here!! Katie you will love your lab, we have a lab x and he is so beautiful! He fretted for me when i was in hospital after i had dd1, he's so gentle and loving, yet protective at the same time!!

Neither of our were rescued pets but we are looking at getting another dog in the near future and would most definately like it to be a rescued pooch! I've already found 5 i want LOL

Jacnovember i think it was, i understand that there circumstances may have changed or whatever but i just CANNOT understand how anyone could just pass there pet on, give them up!! My god it would kill me, if i had to go to a rental that had no pets i'd sneak them in, i know people who've done it and are doing it LOL, there was one dog on there that when they received him he was malnourished i think it said 15kgs, and they've now got him up to 25kgs....so sad!!!!

I have been given 2 dogs off Freecycle of all places.

First dog is a Irish Wolfhound and she is beautiful so placit and a sweet dog. She is 3yrs old was with her owner from birth. Problem was the owner had the smallest back yard and eight dogs. Not fair on a huge dog. The whole family cried and still contacts us for updates.

Second dog was a lab. He is the most active dog every they had him from pup till 9yrs. They have never contacted me for an update. But they passed him on as they had two babies under 2yrs and were due for another and they mother had PND and the dog was just so active they couldn't put the kids in the yard with him as he was so lonely he would bowl them over. They again cried the father was a wreck as he was his baby.

I at no time think either of these people are bad people. So what you think pets are for life. that is great in a perfect world but what is perfect. I will take care of these dogs for as long as circumstances allow and I love them I will do what ever it takes to keep them. But if they are going to neglected by myself or our situation they will be passed onto another family without hesitation.

I love them. But my family will always come ahead of them. I think both previous owners saw that we would care for them. We were chosen out of 100's of emails and phone calls. Not just quick choices either. smile

See now I love animals too but I really think they get over things very easily and would be just as happy living with another loving family as it was with it's previous family.

Totally My 9yr old dog. Mourned for about 3 hours.lol He is fickle. After a meat feed and a play he was over them.lol
Yeah, if I couldn't take my pet I just wouldn't move. Simple. If there was a circumstance where I had to go and not take my pet that just wouldn't be an option for me.
Cases of animal abuse make me so angry though, we definitely need much tougher penalties that are actually dished out.
We've only ever had cats that were strays, I've never bought a cat in my life!lol My current one was a friend of a friend's who's cat had a litter. He was living in a one bedroom apartment with a cat, 3 kittens and a dog and he wasn't supposed to have any pets. She wasn't weaned when I got her and really too young to leave her mother but a few days later the mother jumped off the balcony and ran away anyway so it was lucky I took her when I did.

We have spent many hours deciding what kind of dog we would like to get and DH and I very quickly fell in love with the Wolfhounds. We have meet many of them and they are just beautiful creatures! Once this bubba has arrive we will be getting one. We are lucky that we own a house with a big yard but that was on the top of our priority list.
I would like to eventually become a breeder but that is in the future smile

She is BEAUTIFUL. She smiles at us and she also brings us gifts all the time. Loves to cuddle . Is so soft with the baby. The baby can sit on her and jump and she just carefully shakes her body to move the baby. smile

The lab on the other hand is full on. Loving but fully of energy.lol

I totally believe how gentle she is! They are big teddy bears who just want a couch to sleep on! Is she a very tall girl?

She is a bit tall but not the fully HUGE dogs. She is long and raggy.

Dog

in that picture she loves small.lol But she is lovely. Although she use to wine a lot when left alone so when we got the lab she stoped being lonely.

She is an American Irish Wolfhound.
Its not always as simple as if i cant take my pet then i wont go.

I am one of those people that you are referring to. We had to 'dump' our beloved cat when we moved interstate. I had had him for about 11 years & he moved all over the state with us. But, when we were deciding to move to Darwin, we had to consider what our options were. We were moving into a hotel, so clearly no pets allowed, until we found somewhere to live. 5 months later we found somewhere to live - a unit with no pets allowed. Now, its easy to say, you find a place that is pet friendly, but in a city where the rental property vacancy market sits at less than 1%, you take what you can get. there is no waiting becuase if you dont take the place when it is on offer to you, there are probably another 30 people behind you in line that will. Our vet also expressed some concern over the transportation of him & whether he would adjust to the climate at his age. Vets professional opinion was to have him rehoused. We were lucky that my mum & dad's cat had not long passed, so they were more than happy to adopt him.

I consider what we did to be in his best interest.

Its not always as simple as if i cant take my pet then i wont go.

I am one of those people that you are referring to. We had to 'dump' our beloved cat when we moved interstate. I had had him for about 11 years & he moved all over the state with us. But, when we were deciding to move to Darwin, we had to consider what our options were. We were moving into a hotel, so clearly no pets allowed, until we found somewhere to live. 5 months later we found somewhere to live - a unit with no pets allowed. Now, its easy to say, you find a place that is pet friendly, but in a city where the rental property vacancy market sits at less than 1%, you take what you can get. there is no waiting becuase if you dont take the place when it is on offer to you, there are probably another 30 people behind you in line that will. Our vet also expressed some concern over the transportation of him & whether he would adjust to the climate at his age. Vets professional opinion was to have him rehoused. We were lucky that my mum & dad's cat had not long passed, so they were more than happy to adopt him.

I consider what we did to be in his best interest.

Totally agree

The thing is we got given a cat and had him for a year. We loved him he was beautiful. We had to give him away when we went to move as he was older and wouldn't cope the vet said. So we gave him to the most wonderful man that lvoes cats. He is happier than ever

so good to see more animal lovers on here!! Katie you will love your lab, we have a lab x and he is so beautiful! He fretted for me when i was in hospital after i had dd1, he's so gentle and loving, yet protective at the same time!!

Neither of our were rescued pets but we are looking at getting another dog in the near future and would most definately like it to be a rescued pooch! I've already found 5 i want LOL

Jacnovember i think it was, i understand that there circumstances may have changed or whatever but i just CANNOT understand how anyone could just pass there pet on, give them up!! My god it would kill me, if i had to go to a rental that had no pets i'd sneak them in, i know people who've done it and are doing it LOL, there was one dog on there that when they received him he was malnourished i think it said 15kgs, and they've now got him up to 25kgs....so sad!!!!

Nope not me this is the first time iv responded in this thread you must be thinking of someone else, im with you on this one, pets are a part of the family in my opinion, i couldnt leave my daughter behind so i wouldnt leave my animals, when looking for a rental property if it said no pets i moved on to the next listing there is no way in hell i would give up either of my darling cats as smelly as one of them is haha the thought of someone else having them and mistreating them makes me so sad sad
Sign in to follow this topic