Huggies Forum

Does anyone have 2 dogs?! Lock Rss

For anyone that has 2 puppies/dogs, do you find that it's better having 2? Eg do they keep eachother occupied and what not? We have a 6 month old samoyed and we are thinking about getting her a friend soon! Just wanted some pros and cons on having 2!

TIA =D

For anyone that has 2 puppies/dogs, do you find that it's better having 2? Eg do they keep eachother occupied and what not? We have a 6 month old samoyed and we are thinking about getting her a friend soon! Just wanted some pros and cons on having 2!

TIA =D

We do have 2 dogs, they are Jack Russells and I am glad that we got two. They definitly keep each other company!

we just got 2 puppies, brothers actually, and it's the best thing ever having 2 as they play together, sleep together, basically do everything together and are never lonely
Hi,
we have two dogs (whippets) and I was only thinking the other day how much easier it would be if we only had one. They are outside dogs and if I only had 1 I would be more inclined to let it inside a bit in the evenings. The food bill would not be as much and they wouldn't fight over bones and dig holes to hide bones. Vet bills would be less frequent and flea/worm treatment would be half too. They would get walked more if I only had 1 lead (I can't keep an eye on my two big kids on their bikes and have my toddler at arms reach on his trike and walk two dogs).

I don't want to sound negative, love my dogs but in hindsight I would only have 1 at a time. we also have three cats and they all hate eachother...some days I want to open the front door and say SEYA, lol.

Mum of three amazing people

More dogs the merrier. They keep each other entertained. It's not much extra to feed another dogs mouth either. And it's only a bit of extra weight when you are walking them.
I'm living with my mum at the moment, and she has 2 dogs and we brought our 2 dogs here, they didn't all get along at first but they have all grown on each other and play all day smile

I have two Golden Retrievers. I had one before I got pregnant the 1st time, then while I was pregnant I stupidly thought he would cope better with less attention if he had a friend and got a second one.

Pros: Yes they do keep each other entertained, which is good at the moment as they are receiving less attention now I have a toddler and a newborn.

Cons:
- Two dogs are much more difficult to train than one (my 1st one is very well trained, the second is not).
- My 2 dogs are 10 times more destructive than one was.
- I used to take my one dog on heaps of outings (beach, dog park) - with 2 it is more difficult (I simply can't fit both and the kids in the car) so they never go anywhere.
- Walking both is a challenge (while pushing a pram)
- twice as $$$
- twice as much poop to scoop

For me, many more cons than pro's, but I think part of the problem is I adore the 1st one, the 2nd is stark raving mad. Yes she keeps him company, but he misses out on a lot because of her - e.g. he was allowed inside, she is too destructive so they have both been kicked out. I can't leave her home alone, but she is a nightmare to walk, so they both get left home.

I wish I still had one sad

Oh like PP said...the poo, OMG the poo, twice as much

Mum of three amazing people

I went through the same stage about a year a half ago, and thats wen we decided to get another Dog, Is was good and bad, we got a puppy and shes still a puppy and [email protected]#K she chews anythink she can, thats the only bad thing, shes chewed the retic, My partners Undies and socks, no one elses, she chews any toys that are laying around, but i adore her I have another dog i got Wen DD was 8 months old Shes my baby and like one of the others said if u only have you would let them side at night and i would but since i got the other dog i dont so much hassel, with the pop wise it doesnt bother me, we live next to a park so i would rather cleaning poo all the time and then gettin broken into they are the best security guards and the most gentle dogs i have ever got, for the walking i only walk them with my self and no kids or DP take one and i take the other one, They Def Keep each other company which is a good thing, I say get 2 i think its sad wen u have one and she/he is out side all the time be them selfs, i know i wouldnt like it, get a little dog if the poop and food thing is a problem i know little dogs eat hardly anyhtink compared to my big boofas
About 3 years ago we got 2 border collie puppies (brothers) they were best mates and one was never far from the other. Sadly 1 of them was diagnosed with epilepsy at 12 months old which we tried to control with medication etc but eventually had to have him put to sleep. The one left behind moped around all day long for months so we got him a new friend and it's like having our old dog back. I really do believe animals are better in pairs. They have company, a playmate and someone to snuggle when you can't be around. Yes there is more poop and the cost is more but I wouldn't have it any other way! Goodluck with your decision.

I have 2 dogs, a Cocker Spaniel and a Kelpie, we live on a farm so only have farm fencing, When we had just the cocker he was great, would wander the paddocks and yard, when we got 2 they started getting into mischief, running away etc, now we must always have one tied up on a run and one off, they are swapped over every hour or so and one at a time they are great never run away, 2 off at once and they are gone!!! After one of them got run over we had to stop ever letting them off at the same time....

Other than that, they love each other, play all the time, the food bill isn't too bad, I buy the 20kg bags of food from the local stock supplier for 25$ a bag and buy a big bag of bones from the sueprmarket once a week for $3 fortunately they poop in the paddock so no cleanup

we also have three cats and they all hate eachother...some days I want to open the front door and say SEYA, lol.

lol im hearin ya!

i have 2 dogs and its good, they keep each other company BUT when they are naughty its twice as bad. Id always have 2 dogs but only 1 cat next time...
Sign in to follow this topic