Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. would you give a 4yr old and 20 mth old coffee?

would you give a 4yr old and 20 mth old coffee? Rss

as the heading says would you? even watered down?

i''''m baking a baby

Nope, absolutely not. If she happened to get hold of a cup with a tiny bit in it at nannys id get over it but i would not make her a coffee! But in saying that I wont give her coke/pepsi either, anything with caffine is a no no in my books!

Nope, absolutely not. If she happened to get hold of a cup with a tiny bit in it at nannys id get over it but i would not make her a coffee! But in saying that I wont give her coke/pepsi either, anything with caffine is a no no in my books!

my thoughts exactly. good to see i'm not the only one who thinks this way.

i''''m baking a baby

Personally......no. I dont like it when DP give his 10yr old decaf coffee.
But for health reasons i dont know what effects it would have on a 4yr and 20mth???? maybe look it up online??

Ummm..... no. How odd that someone would even ask this question when they know full well what the answer would be.

Cos if there are parents out there who would do it.... I highly doubt that they would admit it on this forum.

My neighbour used to give her son a big guzzle of her iced coffee every morning..one day my son said hey what about me?? And she knelt down to let him suck the straw....I just about squashed him flat in my hurry to get him away from it lol lol. So no, no coffee at my house. Though I did catch my 8.5 yr old DS1 drinking the dregs of my coffee last week,...but he was after the frothy chockie stuff, not the coffee. Still. I told him it will stunt his growth lol, hopefully he won't do it anymore!
No I wouldn't, DD1 goes crazy enough when she has juice.

My neighbour used to give her son a big guzzle of her iced coffee every morning..one day my son said hey what about me?? And she knelt down to let him suck the straw....I just about squashed him flat in my hurry to get him away from it lol lol. So no, no coffee at my house. Though I did catch my 8.5 yr old DS1 drinking the dregs of my coffee last week,...but he was after the frothy chockie stuff, not the coffee. Still. I told him it will stunt his growth lol, hopefully he won't do it anymore!

I used to love Farmers Union Iced Coffee..... until I found out that it has 20 TEASPOONS of sugar in one 600ml carton!!!! Needless to say, I no longer drink it. lol! gasp

Simple answer......No.

My DD1 aged 13yo is not allowed have coffee or caffeine based drinks in our house (I do know she has had coke and energy drinks when not with us, through her own admission). No way I would feed it to my younger kids.

Ummm..... no. How odd that someone would even ask this question when they know full well what the answer would be.

Cos if there are parents out there who would do it.... I highly doubt that they would admit it on this forum.

I am asking because i am seriously PO'd and honestly wanted to make sure i am not over reacting. each to their own. I know in some families it is normal.

i''''m baking a baby

I am asking because i am seriously PO'd and honestly wanted to make sure i am not over reacting. each to their own. I know in some families it is normal.

Sorry, wasn't having a go at you directly. Did someone give your children coffee?? Or someone you know? If that happened with my kids, I would go off my nut at whoever gave it to them!!

I used to love Farmers Union Iced Coffee..... until I found out that it has 20 TEASPOONS of sugar in one 600ml carton!!!! Needless to say, I no longer drink it. lol! gasp

WTF??!! ARe you serious??? You want to hear something crazy?? My DH had one of those Farmer's Union Iced Coffees for the first (and only) time and had a reaction so bad that he needed morphine and ride to hospital in an ambulance. Poison!
Sign in to follow this topic