Huggies Forum

Whats going on with my DD?? Lock Rss

DD (15 months) used to go to bed awake, drink her bottle then go to sleep. Now she has to fall asleep on me....What can i do to get her back in her old routine??? I hate listening to her scream the house down if i put her to bed awake. Oh and during the day she will go to bed for her day sleep quite happily awake!
Also she has started waking up during the night and not settling her herself like she used to...The only thing that will get her back to sleep is to hop in bed with me & Dh.
Any suggestions on what i could do???

TIA
Is she afraid of the dark?

We have to leave the toilet light on so if ds wakes he sees the shimmer of light and knows it's ok and will drift back to sleep usually.

They say to change a habit it takes 3 days. Maybe persist and don't give in to her for a few days and hopefully she will go back to her original ways.

Good luck smile

Is she afraid of the dark?

We have to leave the toilet light on so if ds wakes he sees the shimmer of light and knows it's ok and will drift back to sleep usually.

They say to change a habit it takes 3 days. Maybe persist and don't give in to her for a few days and hopefully she will go back to her original ways.

Good luck smile

she has a night light in in her room so i dont think she is scared
Is she teething or sick?? Ariellah has had a cold and has started doing this but slept all night in her own bed no drama last night so must be feeling better YAY!

Is she teething or sick?? Ariellah has had a cold and has started doing this but slept all night in her own bed no drama last night so must be feeling better YAY!

She has had a bit of a runny nose the last 2 days but its been going on for awhile....and not to sure abiut teething
In my (limited) experience, she is just testing you, and now knows that you WILL cuddle her to sleep, and you will put her in bed with you when she wakes in the middle of the night. So my advice would be just put her down to bed as you usually have, let her cry a little bit, go back in often and just pat her head, reassure her you are there, and leave again. Same as in the middle of the night, it is surprising how quickly they learn to settle themselves back to sleep. Like 2 nights of this and she'll be back to normal.
This might not be for everyone but it's worked for me, and only if you're sure she's not hungry/sick/teething etc!
You could try co-sleeping. It works for us. There's few more beautiful sights, too, than waking up in the morning to see your little one snuggled up next to you. It's biologically normal (and culturally normal in many places too), and saves a lot of trauma on both parents and children.

Sign in to follow this topic