Huggies Forum

Kindle Lock Rss

I'm thinking of getting a Kindle DX and would love to hear from others who have one or know a bit about them beforehand.
They're not cheap blink so don't want to get one and then realise it's not really what I want IYKWIM.

Thanks in advance smile

DSS 13yr, DS1 4yr, DS2 3yr

I'm thinking of getting a Kindle DX and would love to hear from others who have one or know a bit about them beforehand.
They're not cheap blink so don't want to get one and then realise it's not really what I want IYKWIM.

Thanks in advance smile

hey there,i just got my kindle last week & i love it! i got mine from amazon.com but the basic model not the dx,the screen is easy to read off does'nt hurt my eyes at all but you will need a lamp if your reading at night as it's not backlit. easy to use set to go straight away & tons of books to choose from. i did notice in an angus & robertson flyer that there is an aussie version out thats called something else might be worth checking out...but i am super happy with the kindle & now i don't have to find somewhere to store all my books, it's definatly the way forward think of all the trees we can save....hope that helped a bit j9

hey there,i just got my kindle last week & i love it! i got mine from amazon.com but the basic model not the dx,the screen is easy to read off does'nt hurt my eyes at all but you will need a lamp if your reading at night as it's not backlit. easy to use set to go straight away & tons of books to choose from. i did notice in an angus & robertson flyer that there is an aussie version out thats called something else might be worth checking out...but i am super happy with the kindle & now i don't have to find somewhere to store all my books, it's definatly the way forward think of all the trees we can save....hope that helped a bit j9

Thanks for that! Yeah I saw the Angus & Robertson catalogue also and that's what made me think more seriously about it. I think though that I would like the bigger screen...more dollars, but that's where having a birthday very close to christmas comes in handy LOL.
I'm glad you mentioned the lamp as I hadn't thought of that. I think you might be able to buy a clip on one though?

Anyone else got any other info to share?

DSS 13yr, DS1 4yr, DS2 3yr

omg i just googled them...i totally want one! it even has a read to me fuction how good would that have been while ur doing the HSC have your kindle read to u hehe

Sign in to follow this topic