Huggies Forum

What would you do Rss

ok so what would you do???

would you ever tap the hand of someone else child who you know very well and think of there kids like one of your own, after you have watch them all day pick on other kids and then bully and hits your own child and has them in tears and gets no discipline from there mother?

would you ever tap the hand of someone else child who you know very well and think of there kids like one of your own, after you have watch them all day pick on other kids and then bully and hits your own child and has them in tears and gets no discipline from there mother?

no i could never do that i would be to scared of what the parents would say

boys 5 and 3 years i love my little men

Nope. I don't smack my own so I wouldn't smack anyone elses! Time out works a treat for me. Also as a teacher I know kids soon learn the rules of where they are, even if they aren't the same as at home, so others' kids behave here or they know they'll go in time out too smile
nope I would never smack another persons child and god help the person that ever tried to smack mine. Unfortunately you can't help other people bad parenting I think you just have to monitor your own kids and remove them from situations that you don't like. Maybe not associate with the person and children you have an issue with

I would NEVER... I'm not saying I wouldn't be thinking it but I think that it is completely inapproprate and would never do it, or even get very cross at someone elses child.

No i wouldn't - i don't believe in discipling other peoples children, nor they discplining mine
if you didn't like the situation then there are other options, you could have removed your child, told the mother to do something, or just called it a day and left..
to me there are other options than you discipling some-one else's child, as i would expect no other mother to discipline mine either
hope things are ok with you and the other mum - sounds like it had been a long day and you took action yourself
no. and no one other than me and dh are allowed to smack mine. discipline is not a free for all imo.

just wanted to add, that it wouldnt stop me from removing the child from my childs vicinity or telling them not to hit or hurt my kid.
were talking about a child who is a very big bully and is always hitting, punching and always being told dont do that... the kid that's parents tells them if a child hits you, you make sure you hit them back and twice as hard but seems to be the one starting all fights and drama ALWAYS..
Im a smacker but my kids get a warning always before, i just cant take anymore of telling them so they dont get many unless im at my wits end, i was smack and so was my hubby so we dont think any different here it works for us, every one is bought up different and it will always be a on going discipline debate.
Just wondered how you would feel if this child bashed up your child weather or not you seen them offen or once a fortnight and this child IS NEVER PUNISHED AND GETS AWAY WITH IT ALL THE TIME and its NEVER there child sindrome..
In saying all that if my child was hurting another and someone else caught them I'd expected them to smack mine.
you dont have to smack him though, just remove him from where you and yours are. you could always tell him that you cant play with my child because you hurt them. i dont see anything wrong with that as you are protecting your kid. you just cant hit other peoples kids. and they could sue the pants off of you for that surely....
were not talking about belting him or even leaving a mark here just a tap after grabbing his hand from hitting your own child not once but a few times i seen him do it so went over to help my child while she is on the ground crying after being pushed over also for no reason.
I hate the fact that i did it but you should never have to think that you need to either, i just hate bully kids and after putting up with it for years when does enough become enough??
This happens even in my own home him bulling so does that mean i shouldn't see this child mother because of there child?

This happens even in my own home him bulling so does that mean i shouldn't see this child mother because of there child?

if that's what it takes. i will never agree with it being ok to hit someone elses child, sorry.
he may be a 'bully child' but he is still a child and not yours. Yes, If you dont like the way he is parented and it is affecting your child then i think not seeing him would be a much better choice then hitting him.
Sign in to follow this topic