Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Ungrateful or Unlucky, what do you think?

Ungrateful or Unlucky, what do you think? Rss

Do you think it should be allowed??

Personally while I would never do it I am not against it and can see why people would do it. Yes they are truely blessed to be able to have children at all but I have seen first hand what can happen when people are desperate for one gender but get the other.

What do you think?

Do you think it should be allowed??

Personally while I would never do it I am not against it and can see why people would do it. Yes they are truely blessed to be able to have children at all but I have seen first hand what can happen when people are desperate for one gender but get the other.

What do you think?

I believe it should be allowed in certain cases, for example, if a genetic anomoly or disease is passed down through one sex or the other, so it would ensure a healthy baby. OR in the case where a family already has 2 or more of the same sex child. Yes we are blessed to have children, but if a disease can be prevented, or a family can have the gender they are after before they have a family much larger than they can afford financially and emotionally then imo that's a good thing.
Although I think it's a bit odd, I still think they should allow it.
i have one of each sex in the order i wanted them too so i think im extremely lucky, but if i could have a garantee that my next baby would be a boy id have one tomorrow! i think it should be allowed, especially if there is a genetic condition (there is for girls in my family) or in the case of having 2 or more of one sex and trying for the other sex.

i do think laws should be made so that they can only select the gender tho, not so they can select eye colour adn hair colour etc IYKWIM

I agree with it to the extent that we can minimalise the genetic passing of disease etc etc which most of you have also stated

BUT

Will we stop at this? How far is 'science' going to go in regards to us having children? We dont stop drug-os and abusers having children (which in some cases we should!) but we will gender select and 'mutate' our own to our liking? Shouldnt we be putting our efforts into something a little more constructive?
Sorry i just think its another example on how we are trying to play god when we shouldnt be thats all.

Sorry if my rant seems abit weird smile
Absolutely not, no way. We are BLESSED to be able to have children and should be grateful for what we are given.
I think people who want to pick what sex they want because oh i already have 3 boys i want a girl or have have girls i want a boy is wrong, be happy your baby is health my sister didnt have that choice and gave birth to her beautiful DD at 39 week who was born sleeping so just be grateful.
I dont agree with it especially when there is no medical purpose to do so...to me it is absurd to mess with genetics on the basis of wanting a specific sex child. People should be greatful that they can have a child at all considering how many people either cant have children at all or struggle greatly to have a child.
I can understand when there is a genetic illness that is gender specific but my concerns are where do they draw the line? Breast cancer can be genetic but I dont see that as enough of a reason to take such measures to ensure the birth of a boy.

Cheers Ness

No I do not agree with it as an optional thing...

I have a sister with 4 girls.... the last 2 pregs they tried for boys.... but it didn't happen, they love their girls dearly and would not swap them for the world.....

I must admit I always wanted one of each...then more boys, I love boys, I love my girls more than anything in this world but boys are just different....

I lost my son in January aged 5 1/2 years and we were already planning on TTC.... before I lost him I knew I would love more boys... but I belive you must go into pregnancy knowing there is a 50/50 chance of having either sex.... yes people are disapointed when they don't get what they want but the bottom line is you get a happy, healthy child NATURALLY..... As much as I would love another couple of boys, I would be more than happy to have another 2 girls (I have 2 already) thoughmaybe not when they are all teens tongue

So no I do not agree with gender selection
I dont think you should be able to select gender, you either want children or you dont. A healthy child no matter what sex is the biggest blessing you can have.
I would say that if you are going to have a child and your biggest concern is that you might have a boy when you want a girl or vice versa then you havent got your priorities straight and may need to reassess if you should be trying to have a child is my opinion. Of course this is not accounting for genetic anomolies etc.

I do beleive it is normal to think oh I would like a little girl/ boy but my reasoning for the above is that if you are prepared to go to that extent to get the sex you want that isnt really setting a good presedent for the unconditional love a parent should have for their child.

I myself initially wanted a girl - A little me roll eyes and when I found out I was having a little boy as I was driving home, it all kind of seemed just right, that thats what he was meant to be, and I absolutly wouldnt change it for the world.

I believe it should be allowed in certain cases, for example, if a genetic anomoly or disease is passed down through one sex or the other, so it would ensure a healthy baby. OR in the case where a family already has 2 or more of the same sex child. Yes we are blessed to have children, but if a disease can be prevented, or a family can have the gender they are after before they have a family much larger than they can afford financially and emotionally then imo that's a good thing.

agreed.

eta that i dont consider it ungreatful to prefer one gender over another.
Sign in to follow this topic