Huggies Forum

no wedding car Lock Rss

did anyone else not have a special car for their wedding?? i cant seem to get one, and i cant afford too much so hiring an expensive one is out of the question! I did have a plan, but when i went to book it, they were all booked out, so one week out from my wedding i have no car.

is it ok to not have a special car?
i had classic cars at my wedding fords really early one 1927&1937

mini minors for kids to ride in

in year 1994

perhaps you ask a car club or something

good luck
ask around friends/family. For one of my sisters' weddings they got 2 matching coloured "luxury" cars from friends and used them. It wasn't particularly "fancy" but it meant that they had some nice cars for the wedding and all it cost them was fuel and a box of chocolates as a thankyou. The friends drove the cars so that covered the driver/insurance issue too.

To decorate the cars, all you'd need is a bit of chiffon, some wedding themed dolls or something along those lines and maybe your bouquets so it doesn't have to be particularly expensive. We decorated the cars my sister borrowed with the chiffon shawls that came with our dresses and our wedding bouquets (we carried the bouquets for the wedding obviously but didn't worry about the shawls because it was warm enough not to need them). We also put some signature bears dressed up as a bride and groom on top of the chiffon in the car my sister was using. Once we got to the reception venue we used the shawls for the evening and the bears were put on a table for everyone to sign with special messages. It was great because we already had everything we used for decorating the cars for other reasons so the decorations were basically "free".

Another option would be to just go to something like AVIS (or any other 'normal' car hire place) and hire a couple of nice cars for the day. Ask a few friends to drive them for you (just make sure they're over 25 for rental car insurance) and you've got a cheaper option than going for something that is a 'wedding' car.

Leisa.
Hey there, have you tried calling a few car hire companies? They hire out Nissan Maximas which are really nice cars, you can get one for about $100 for a day.. Or a Toyota Aurion...

You can just pick up some white ribbon to attach to the front.

We had 2 300c limos for our wedding, was extremely expensive haha much better off just hiring a car of some sort!!

Hope you have a great day!!

Hey there, have you tried calling a few car hire companies? They hire out Nissan Maximas which are really nice cars, you can get one for about $100 for a day.. Or a Toyota Aurion...

You can just pick up some white ribbon to attach to the front.

We had 2 300c limos for our wedding, was extremely expensive haha much better off just hiring a car of some sort!!

Hope you have a great day!!

This is a great idea and much cheaper than booking a wedding car, you'll just need to arrange someone to be driver.

As soon as you mention 'wedding' companies charge like wounded bulls.
I think it's fine to have what ever you want. I had a limo for mine from home to venue, then we got a taxi round the corner to our accomodation. When I was bridesmaid for my friend they hired a couple of fords from a rental car place

Any family/friends have a nice car you can use?

When we got married hubby had a nice red ute, one of his friends had a silver ute, and another one had a green ute. 2 of them were Holden and one was a Ford which only the guys thought was an issue but they soon got over it and they looked awesome as wedding cars. Didn't really match our colours but didn't clash either so I didn't mind.

I walked down the back stairs to get to my wedding laugh no car required.

Honestly, the only one I remember what they arrived in was my oldest brother's wedding when the bride arrived in a horse & carriage. (It was one of those all out weddings..the cake involved a coloured water fountain! Thank god the brides family pay laugh)
DH and I had a friend rive us, seperately, in his immaculate black Ford ute and the wedding parties were driven in a family friends new 4WD, I think it was a Prado. We just bought some white ribbon annd they put that on their car.

It was actually quite nice having that 'down' time just before the big moment, being able to chat to a friend smile

Jo smile
I just hired 3 white cars for the day...nothing special i think they were Toyota Camerys from just a car hire place. Only just cost over $200 for the day. We just couldnt afford a limo/fancy car..just too expensive!

We borrowed the bestmans parents car, my brother drove it, my dad and bridesmaid. Dh went in my brothers car. No one saw us arrive so it didnt matter, and our reception was where we had our cermemony so we didnt have to go anywhere lol.

On the way back I drove Dh, the bestman, my brother and a friend to the pub (so many looks at a bride driving the party to the pub lol) then I went home got changed and then I drove dh to the city for our night away. (can you tell I was pregannt so was designated driver for my own wedding - bit sad really lol)

For my wedding we used my mil blue car and hubby uncle let us use his which was nice of him since he was one of the drives.
I didn't want to spend alot of money on cars just for one day.

Sign in to follow this topic