Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Not that I want to start a debate here...

Not that I want to start a debate here... Rss

...And I AM in a bad mood today..

but WHAT is it with people? I just read a post from a person who's been dipping her 11 week old baby's dummy in tomato sauce/gravy.

Now, is it just me or WTF?

We're getting like that movie...I can't remember the name of it, but the dumbarse's are breeding like wildfire and the smart people are not, so we all end up a race of idiots.

Ok, vent over. *sigh*

Fiona.

We're getting like that movie...I can't remember the name of it, but the dumbarse's are breeding like wildfire and the smart people are not, so we all end up a race of idiots.

Haha, is it Idiocracy? Or something like that anyway. My dad thinks the world is heading that way lol.
um yeah i pretty much have the same reaction to that...and the same thoughts...now to think of that movie...?

I just read someone feeding their baby peas at a month old
WTF ?

I try not to be judgemental of what other people choose to do with their kids if they have the childs best interests at heart and have good intentions but i dont really see what the motivation is to give your relatively newborn child tomato sauce/gravy, or any other solids at that age is. But if you ARE going to give solids, there are plenty of foods out there with more nutritional value and less salt/sugar/etc content in them.

i havent seen the movie you are talking about but we certainly are on a downward spiral in the common sense department these days LOL
Yes! Idiocracy! That's the one.

Peas at a month old? What?

I'm just surprised at the idiots out there who think it's ok to do whatever THEY want to their children. A mother who I was in hospital with gave her baby ice cream as her first food.

But to dip an 11 week old's dummy in TS/gravy...well, that's just dumb.

Fiona.
I think you will find that many people have different ideas of what is acceptable to give their children, I don't think it makes them dumb, and I also don't think we are breeding ourselves into dumbness to the point there are no 'smart people' left on the planet - I am pretty sure what movie you are referring to, but I don't remember what it is called! I wouldn't get too angry about it, it is someone else's decision, so not in your hands at all!

kerrie, VIC, DD 12/8/03, DD 12/10/05, DD 14/9/07, DD 4/1/10

M2A, it seems that people think it's like, totally awesome! to give their kids funny stuff to eat.

Hur, hur look at him, he's eating TS!

It's BULLSH*T.

Fiona.

Yes! Idiocracy! That's the one.

Peas at a month old? What?

I'm just surprised at the idiots out there who think it's ok to do whatever THEY want to their children. A mother who I was in hospital with gave her baby ice cream as her first food.

But to dip an 11 week old's dummy in TS/gravy...well, that's just dumb.

Fiona.

totally agree with you...the chick has put at the bottom of her thread..."any advice appreciated"....hmm tempting lol

Meh.

I can't say it really p!sses me off, my response is more like, huh??

Just out of curiosity, why did you post a thread here instead of talking to her about it? Surely she's going to see this one and feel pretty crap. I mean, it's not like you wanted to start a debate or anything.
you may find different cultures dont think the same way as you do, are they right, are you right? Who knows!! Not saying that post is about a cultural difference but an open mind is a good thing, esp when judging other peoples behaviour.
OMG why?! like was there an actual reason to do this? :S

I was also shocked to find that when an indian couples babys cried too much they put curry powder on their dummys! Can anyone tell me is that a cultural thing?
Sign in to follow this topic