Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Pray for Sophie Delezio Lock Rss

My heart goes out to Sophie and her family. Channel 10 News has just reported that Sophie has been reported as having a heart attack after being hit by a car this afternoon. I just don't how her family can cope with all this, say a little prayer for her.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=98939

Sophie Delezio hit by car
Friday May 5 17:30 AEST
Young Sydney burns victim Sophie Delezio, badly injured in a childcare centre accident in 2003, has been hit by a car in Sydney's north, her father said.

An ambulance spokeswoman said a five-year-girl was struck by car about 4pm (AEST) on Frenchs Forest Road at Seaforth.

The girl was in a critical condition suffering head, facial, chest and leg injuries, she said.

She has been airlifted to Sydney Children's Hospital at Randwick, the spokeswoman said.

Sophie's father Ron Delezio said the car struck her when it failed to stop at a pedestrian crossing.

"She was in a pram crossing the road and someone didn't stop," Mr Delezio told Macquarie radio.

"It just hit the pram.

"We don't know her full condition yet.

"We believe she got a broken leg of some sort but we don't know the full extent at this stage."

Sophie was badly burnt in December 2003 when a car burst into flames after slamming into the Roundhouse Childcare Centre at Fairlight, in Sydney's northern beaches.

Sophie, then aged two, and her friend Molly Wood, also two, were pinned under the car and spent months in hospital recovering from critical burns.

Sophie lost both her feet, some fingers and her right ear in the accident.

Jo, Sydney mama of 2 boys

Oh boy, I didn't see this on the news, but how awful. How much can one little girl take?
I'll be praying for her. And her family of course.

Sarah 3/11/05 & Kade 6/11/07

Sign in to follow this topic