Huggies Forum

old toys Lock Rss

just a quickie.

we are not having any more children and both kids are no longer interested in the younger toys. we have everything from play music table thingys to little rattle stuff. all still in pretty good condition.

what did you do with yours. all my friends kids are passed that stage.

i kinda liked the idea of donating to a hospital creche area but dont know if you need to go through a whole bunch of crap to do it.

quick and easy is what i am after. so what did you guys do with yours.
I like the idea of donating to hospitals, but I think you will find that because of health reasons, they can only accept new toys.

You might try asking a local doctor/dentist/vet if they need some new toys. You could try selling them - if you don't need the money, you could then donate the cash to a children's hospital. Or just donate them to vinnies.

just a quickie.

we are not having any more children and both kids are no longer interested in the younger toys. we have everything from play music table thingys to little rattle stuff. all still in pretty good condition.

what did you do with yours. all my friends kids are passed that stage.

i kinda liked the idea of donating to a hospital creche area but dont know if you need to go through a whole bunch of crap to do it.

gave them to the kids old preschool and recently to our neighbours grandkids

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

I donate mine to a local womens shelter (for victims of domestic violence) as often they only have the clothes on their backs and their children have nothing. You can remain entirely anonymous and there is no stress you have to go through to do it. Its a good time to do it too right before Chrissy as most of the kids miss out on gifts etc when they are in a situation like that smile

I donate mine to a local womens shelter (for victims of domestic violence) as often they only have the clothes on their backs and their children have nothing. You can remain entirely anonymous and there is no stress you have to go through to do it. Its a good time to do it too right before Chrissy as most of the kids miss out on gifts etc when they are in a situation like that smile

thanks everyone for your ideas.

luvmylife, i really like your suggestion!
All the toy stuff I have will go to the Day Care Centre (its small) or to a Community House. I'll check out the hospital in our area too.

But I have a while before this will be happening!
Depends on the condition! They either go to charity, friends or family with younger children, the bin or out for council pick up.
Sign in to follow this topic