Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

im over people saying that!!! Rss

hi, this is a vent!!! so my dad got taken to hospital last night, he had a fit, as he has alzheimers( he's only 52) and in the last stage of it..so today im like devastated obvisiously its not long now before he is in a better place..iv been crying all day, but my sil, my dh and my mum have all said, " well you knew it was guna happen" so does that make it better does it!!!! doesnt anyone have sympathy these days...i was and am sooo close to my dad, mum was never there either was my brother, it was always me and dad against the world...but how can someone prepare for that..yeah i knew the time was coming but surely that cant take the pain away because i knew it was guna happen...im just sick of hearing "you knew it was guna happen" sorry just needed to vent...thanks for listening.
Firstly, I am so sorry to hear about your Dad sad I can only imagine how hard it all must be for you. It's sad that you aren't being better supported by those closest to you. Maybe they don't really know what to say? Which I think most of us feel like at certain times.....

I hope you get more time with your Dad than you're expecting and that that time can help you come to terms with what's going on.

Good Luck and Cyber Hugs to you.

Kelly and Serendipity

sorry to hear about your dad. Go and see him and give him a cuddle and tell him all what you need to still tell him
I'm so sorry about your dad sad
Some people just have no idea what they're saying sometimes. I don't think anything can prepare you for something like this. It doesn't matter how long you've known your dad has been sick, the heartache of seeing him go downhill is enough, let alone the fact you know you're going to lose him so soon. Big hugs to you, and I hope you can enjoy as much time with him as possible xoxo

hi, this is a vent!!! so my dad got taken to hospital last night, he had a fit, as he has alzheimers( he's only 52) and in the last stage of it..so today im like devastated obvisiously its not long now before he is in a better place..iv been crying all day, but my sil, my dh and my mum have all said, " well you knew it was guna happen" so does that make it better does it!!!! doesnt anyone have sympathy these days...i was and am sooo close to my dad, mum was never there either was my brother, it was always me and dad against the world...but how can someone prepare for that..yeah i knew the time was coming but surely that cant take the pain away because i knew it was guna happen...im just sick of hearing "you knew it was guna happen" sorry just needed to vent...thanks for listening.

Knowing its going to happen doesnt lessen the blow at all or make it any easier! That is a very heartless thing to say to anyone.

I think you have every right to be devastated, upset, angry... every emotion under the sun.

Take care xoxox
The rest of the world is not that heartless... sorry about your dad sad

Prehaps they are a little jealous that you are closer to your dad than what they have ever been.

He's so young to have alzeimers! I would be devistated too - my dad is the same age and I can't imagine having to go through that.

Big hugs.xx

Sign in to follow this topic