Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Have you ever tasted a Rss

Raw sausage (don't be dirty ladies lol)

I have eaten raw sausages since I was a child, just something my family has done, we don't eat all sausages raw lol just might have one every few months when having sausages lol. My friends think i'm an absolute freak lol but surely I can't be the only person who eats/has eaten them?!?! And don't worry I know they are absolute crap and I have heard the awful things that are in them and for the record I don't let DD eat them raw.

So fess up ladies, please tell me I am not the only one lol!
Ummm...No

Wouldn't it be a health hazard? Food poisoning risk? Cos it's raw meet?

Please educate me if I'm being totally ignorant though! smile

Ummm...No

Wouldn't it be a health hazard? Food poisoning risk? Cos it's raw meet?

Please educate me if I'm being totally ignorant though! smile

Oh it would have to be lol thats why I wont let DD have them LOL. Funny thing is though I get food poisoning incredibly easily, its ridiculous how easily I get it but I have NEVER gotten it from eating a raw sausage lol!
mmmm... no, have had the odd cocktail sausage or sav raw, but they are pre-cooked!
Not me myself....but DF has on ocassion(sp). Not a whole one, but he is a butcher so has tasted them before putting them in the filler. And yes, some places do fill them with crap, but if you can find a good quality butcher then you should be able to find good quality sausages.

I could never do it though....uurrrggghhh!!! LOL!! smile

DSS 13yr, DS1 4yr, DS2 3yr

Ok never eat them raw because raw meat can make you sick or transfer worms.......BUT if you like it it's your life, your body! Wouldn't eat it myself, don't have that kind of want, but my sister when she was pregnant with her first, she LOVED raw sausage and ash.

LOL mum craved raw meat when she was pregnant with me and thats when her raw sausage fetish started (this was pre listeria risk days lol) and I blame her for my love for them LOL. I worm DD and myself once every 6 months because we have pets lol so far so good haha. As I am getting older I eat them less though because I know the risks lol
No I never have,but my mum always does!
I thought she was the only one in the world so I am glad there is some body else out there smile
Just out of curosity what does it taste like?does it taste like a cooked sausage?

No I never have,but my mum always does!
I thought she was the only one in the world so I am glad there is some body else out there smile
Just out of curosity what does it taste like?does it taste like a cooked sausage?

LOL Horray i'm not the only one LOL! Taste it one day you might be surprised hehe. Its hard to describe the taste lol, WAY better raw though lol it's just safer cooked hehe!
my mum and dad used to eat them rw i do sometimes lol i like the aste but as i am preggers atm not gunna risk it
DHs Nan cant cook sausages without squeezing a small amount out and eating it raw lol as a child she used to eat alot more of them.
For those that think raw meat will make you sick and give you worms that isnt truth. As long as meat is fresh and stored correctly eating it raw is perfectly fine crap in many resturants around the world they serve Steak Tartar - Raw mince. And as for worms well maybe 50yrs it could but not these day...you couldnt serve meat pink if there was a risk of worms.

Cheers Ness

Holds up hand.......

I have eaten raw sausages since childhood. Not much, but a pinch off the end when they are being cooked. I blame my mother smile

Kelly and Serendipity

DHs Nan cant cook sausages without squeezing a small amount out and eating it raw lol as a child she used to eat alot more of them.
For those that think raw meat will make you sick and give you worms that isnt truth. As long as meat is fresh and stored correctly eating it raw is perfectly fine crap in many resturants around the world they serve Steak Tartar - Raw mince. And as for worms well maybe 50yrs it could but not these day...you couldnt serve meat pink if there was a risk of worms.

Cheers Ness

Woohoo!! Thanks for that Ness lol, though I will still stick to one every few months its good to know smile

Holds up hand.......

I have eaten raw sausages since childhood. Not much, but a pinch off the end when they are being cooked. I blame my mother smile

Haha I eat the whole thing, soooo yummo, don't know what it is about them lol smile
Sign in to follow this topic