Huggies Forum

Watching biggest loser Lock Rss

I had a medical today and had to get weighed....this is horrible but I am going to write it down, I am 103kg! It makes me want to cry (and possible go eat a giant donut)....I was 110kg at the end of my pregnancy so in 5 months of eating 1200 cals (at the advice of my doctor) and doing bootcamp for 8 weeks not to mention giving birth to a 3.5kg baby (plus all the other bits in there) I have lost maybe about a 1kg!!!

WTF am I doing sooooooo wrong that I am not losing anything? Yes I know I talk about this a lot but I am just so disappointed sad

I have checked my thyroid, all fine! I know it's going to be slow because I have just had a baby but I'm not losing anything!!!!!! My measurements aren't much better to be honest!

What's the $@?&@$ point of missing out on so many of the things I love to get nowhere???

I can't remember the last time I had dessert, or chocolate, or chips or macdonalds!!!

Ok rant over....I needed to get that out before I binge!!!! (not that I have anything in my cupboard to binge on)

sad sad sad

sad it is really frustrating. I didnt seem to lose much weight until a few weeks ago (around xmas time, go figure!) It was coming off REEEAAALLLLYYY slowly up until then but now it seems to be happening...and DD is almost 10 months old!! I have read that it takes 9 months to put all that weight on so give it AT LEAST 9 months to get back to where you were pre-pregnancy. I wish I had as much motivation as you to go to bootcamp and not eat crap!!
It's taken me nearly 8 months to lose 9kg. It's hard work im only now working of what i gained with DD 3 years ago. I even gained weight between the kids. You are doing a great job of boot camp and you inspired me to cut out all junk.
Big hugs. I am not sure what your answer is. I do have one suggestion. I know there are a few people on here who are into the gym and or know heaps about diets or their other halves do. You could keep a food diary for a day or two (include portion sizes etc) and then post it on here only with what ever excercise that you have done. Hopefully someone out there with a bit of knowledge in this area may be able to give you some tips on where to change things to get the weight loss you want.

Goodluck

Big hugs. I am not sure what your answer is. I do have one suggestion. I know there are a few people on here who are into the gym and or know heaps about diets or their other halves do. You could keep a food diary for a day or two (include portion sizes etc) and then post it on here only with what ever excercise that you have done. Hopefully someone out there with a bit of knowledge in this area may be able to give you some tips on where to change things to get the weight loss you want.

Goodluck

Thanks smile I do a food diary everyday for my personal trainer to check but if there is anyone who wants to offer some advice I'm all ears smile this what I eat most days

Porridge with frozen berries and honey (burgen grain bread with poached eggs)
No fat yoghurt
Salad and tuna (or sushi if I'm out)
Low fat salada's with avocado (or a banana)
100g of chicken with steamed vegies (cauliflower, broccoli, green beans)
A glass of no sugar lemonade
And sometimes after dinner a Ginger nut and a cup of tea or half a cup of frozen berries with a couple of spoonfuls of no fat yoghurt

Anyway that's generally what I eat most days with a few variations

I hate the scales and only ever go by measurements!

Remember muscle weighs more than fat!

When you are trying to lose weight, you may lose some to begin with and then plateau...that is the time to change your exercise routine and what you eat. If you can avoid eating the same foods each week...

Hope this helps?

Good luck on your journey.

Thanks smile I do a food diary everyday for my personal trainer to check but if there is anyone who wants to offer some advice I'm all ears smile this what I eat most days

No fat yoghurt
And sometimes after dinner a Ginger nut and a cup of tea or half a cup of frozen berries with a couple of spoonfuls of no fat yoghurt

I just wanted to send you a big hug and say, you are doing an awesome job - even if it's not showing on the scales yet, I bet you're toning up and feeling fit, ready to chase your little man once he's off and running...I remember how much I scoffed at my mother when she told me, it's so much harder to lose weight once you've had kids/the older you get, now I wish I hadn't been so naive lol. I've put in the hard yards over the last few months and lost a dress size, I should be stoked but I can't help but think this time next year I'll be dieting and counting all over again as I'll put it back in winter....I wish I could just plug myself into a wall and only be fed what I need, rather than all the cheese and bikkies and wine that I eventually give in and say YES to lol. Xxxxxx

No fat yoghurt

In all honesty I have never had a weight issue, never dieted or had to exercise to lose weight so feel free to take any advice I have with a grain of salt.

I was watching a show where they had done a whole range of tests and one thing that I remember is that if you eat low fat diary in your diet everyday it helps you lose more weight than if you eat no fat or full fat dairy.

I also think you need to vary your diet a little, not suggesting shakes or anything but maybe you could have a smoothie (fruit, low fat milk, low fat yoghurt) as a snack every now and then. Avocado is also high in fat even though they do have health benefits.

In all honesty I have never had a weight issue, never dieted or had to exercise to lose weight so feel free to take any advice I have with a grain of salt.

I was watching a show where they had done a whole range of tests and one thing that I remember is that if you eat low fat diary in your diet everyday it helps you lose more weight than if you eat no fat or full fat dairy.

I also think you need to vary your diet a little, not suggesting shakes or anything but maybe you could have a smoothie (fruit, low fat milk, low fat yoghurt) as a snack every now and then. Avocado is also high in fat even though they do have health benefits.

Thanks for your input smile

I do have smoothies they're one if my favourite snacks or I have them for breakfast with frozen bananas and berries...

I think my food is pretty good I eat lots if fibre, protein and tons of fresh vegies and salad! I do at least 60 mins of intense exercise 3/4 times a week and an hour long walk with the pram and bub the other days!

I don't drink nearly as much alcohol as I did...a glass or two of wine on the weekends (which my trainer said was fine)...

I am just seriously at a loss sad about ready to give up actually!!!!

It is frustrating and it just gets you down. I found cutting out carbs helps. Perhaps a visit to a nutrionist will help. Don't rush your weight loss. Rapid weight loss can result in bad cellulite.

I also ate pretty much what TPSR has listed.

Porridge gets your body underway for the day. It fights the flab around your tummy to(Proven.) I added dried fruits that you buy in the snack packs. Yumi

You have probably tried everything Im sure. 1 bit of advice though don't deprive yourself. Eat what you wish but in moderation. Otherwise you end up cranky that you had to give up everything. Its all about self control. Treat yourself every now and then but dont go crazy. A big mac meal upgraded isnt good justification to all your hard work and exercising.

My dad was a gym junky and he instilled good eating habits into us kids. Which Im grateful for. But he also encourage us to use our own self control when it came to food & exercise.

If your still not sure what to eat perhaps a trip to a nutritionist may be needed they can guide you on what you need to put into your body to get the most off it.

Good luck and dont give up.

AM NO LONGER TINKERING WITH THE TICKER HMPH!

sad I know how disappointed I would be if it was me - it sounds hard but pleease dont give up, it sounds like your doing all the right things. Maybe you should go back to the drs and discuss it some more or as another pp said try a nutricianist (sp). Are there any medications you are on or taking that could be causing you to hold onto your weight??
I honestly cant think of a reason that you wouldnt be loosing anything when it sounds like your doing everything right??

Big Hugs sorry I cant help

No fat yoghurt

I don't want to put a spanner in the fire here but are you eating enough?? I know when i joined weight watchers I had to eat more than i was used to and actually ended up losing heaps of weight.... but two more babies and I a 2kgs more than you.... but I just got an ab circle pro so I A BOUND to lose two dress sizes in 3 weeks ...... plus i am breast feeding.
Sign in to follow this topic