Huggies Forum

Easter Lock Rss

and how old are they???

DD is 3 and she will get one crate of 12 eggs for her hunt and an easter bunny and one of those gift sets with the bowl and cup as the final thing to find in the hunt. That is all she will get from 'the easter bunny'
From me she is getting a licensed dressing gown and 4 licensed pj sets, a pair of slipper boots and 1 or 2 dvds.

I feel a bit stingy giving her things she needs for easter (dressing gown/pjs/slippers) so was curious to know if im doing the 'norm' lol.
My kids well my oldest always asks will he bring a stuff toy again??? thats the thing that he loves the most.....

we have lots of little eggs hidden around outside and normally up high somewhere a stuff toy each easter themed.... (have to do three this year)

my daughter loves choclate...

the baby will get a stuff toy and maybe some thing he needs because he doesnt' eat chocolate....... but I try and do it under $10 each....

my mum buys them stuff too..
I was allergic to chocolate growing up so it kinda didn't have the "pull" of other holidays. I did usually get a candy egg or two though. Not the same....

The girls will be having little eggs in their easter egg hunt, as well as a small easter basket with a bunny, some eggs and some other little eastery doova things.

I don't see it as a 'gift giving' occasion though, so they won't be getting 'presents', only some easter eggs. And not an excessive number either.
My kids will get a few eggs, a cup, bowl and plate set and new pj's, and there will be smaller eggs hidden for an easter egg hunt, it's all from the Easter Bunny... They are 5, 3 and 2.
My children

Ages 10 and 8 years old get one BIG egg each from us like a 1kg egg.
Ages 3 years gets a med size egg and a soft toy usually a bunny.

Then the fun begins at nana and Grand dads...
My parent have a huge garden which they hide little eggs all over the place, the give each the children a little busket and off they go a hunting! smile

Easter is not a big deal in our household at all... Our children know about the cross etc and then that the bunny is fake.. BUT fun! So we have a bit of fun in the early morning and then carry on our day as per usual.. smile
My kids always get winter pj's, a Humpty Dumpty egg and an Elegant Rabbit, and now they are older they get a bag of those little solid eggs for their hunt...it is the same every year but it's actually quite nice, they get excited over the same things smile Last year they also wanted some of his fur to prove he was real...poor Pussy Cat wink laugh

ETA DD is 2.5yrs, and my boys are 7 and 9 in 2 weeks smile
Not a gift giving occasion here either. My kids are 7, 5 + 3. We normally do an egg hunt with the small solid eggs so I usually allow enough for about 8-10 each and then 1 bunny (the elegant rabbit one) which shows up in the night next to their beds smile
I will buy a 12 pack of hunting eggs which we'll share between the 4 of us as well as a pack of mini eggs which DH and I will eat. DD1 will get her own chocolate bunny and I will either make or buy DD2 a bunny toy. On their first Easters they each received their own Bunnykins egg cup.

Easter is about the egg hunt for us, we don't give them presents.

My kids always get winter pj's, a Humpty Dumpty egg and an Elegant Rabbit, and now they are older they get a bag of those little solid eggs for their hunt...it is the same every year but it's actually quite nice, they get excited over the same things smile Last year they also wanted some of his fur to prove he was real...poor Pussy Cat wink laugh

hahaha oh that made me laugh!!! Poor cat! wink

hahaha oh that made me laugh!!! Poor cat! wink
I don't do presents from me either for easter so DD will get some little soild eggs for a hunt, rabbit at the end and one set of winter PJ's

BAHAHAHAHA at the cat!!! Thats hilarious! I did the footprint thing last year...DD woke up and wouldn't step on the 'mess' and before she went on her egg hunt she got out her little toy spade and broom and tried to sweep it all up LOL
While on that topic does anyone know what powder comes up off the floor easiest?? I used baby powder last year and you could see the prints for ages!

DD knows easter is coming up (its impossible not to with the shops) and asks if the easter bunny will bring everything she spots lol. She told the ladies at the doctors yesterday she would ask the easter bunny to bring them a new remote control for the tv, so cute LOL! Anyway this is the reason she is getting one or two dvds, she saw the strawberry shortcake ones on tv and is asking for them and I said no and she said well maybe since im a really good girl the easter bunny will bring me some...how can he not after that lol...I cave too easily BUT it is pretty much the only time of year she gets a dvd like that. She gets disney or pixar ones for bday/xmas so she can have her cartoon lol
Sign in to follow this topic