Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Does the feeling ever fully go away?

Does the feeling ever fully go away? Lock Rss

I am 99.9% sure I don't want anymore babies. I'm no good pregnant, I am terrible at birth- even WITH a c/section, and quite frankly- my babes get on my nerves regularly wacko
So, why does that feeling crop up every now and then? Does it ever go away or is it just some normal feeling that doesn't mean I actually want anymore?
What are your thoughts/experiences with this?

And for the couple of peole that know me- NO, I am not thinking this now! Trust me tongue

Hmmm, you sound exactly like me! lol

I've taken to selling all my baby stuff so I'm not tempted smile
Does that feeling ever go away? Ummmmm, no. I don't think so.

We have 5 kids, DH has had the snip, I have had my tubes done, and I still would love another baby, some days more than others. Some days I have trouble knowing that we cant have more. DH goes through days where he would love one more too - he gets as clucky as me.

I don't think that I'll ever not want more kids. Watching them grow before my eyes and learn and achieve so many things is wonderful. But There comes a point where I had to become realistic, and take the Dr's advice and say no more.
I have felt like this for quite a while now too. As silly as it may sound, I sat down one day and made a list. The pro's and con's of having another baby. The con's list actually came out longer due to a number of reasons. So I went with that.

This may change however as my "baby" is about to start kindy so I will no longer have children at home for 2 days per week. See how I go with that one! lol! laugh

well if you asked Michelle Duggar Im sure she say it never goes away! After 19 kidsyou would think you would be over it!lol laugh

I am 99.9% sure I don't want anymore babies. I'm no good pregnant, I am terrible at birth- even WITH a c/section, and quite frankly- my babes get on my nerves regularly wacko
So, why does that feeling crop up every now and then? Does it ever go away or is it just some normal feeling that doesn't mean I actually want anymore?
What are your thoughts/experiences with this?

And for the couple of peole that know me- NO, I am not thinking this now! Trust me tongue

Sure you're not tongue

Ummm... i don't think it will ever go away, it's just a matter of dealing with the feelings when they do arise. I have my moments too, and the possibility of another baby sometime in future for me is very high but other times i think another baby would just throw a spanner in the works of our routined, contented lives. The boys are getting so big now and so independent that life just seems to be cruising along, a baby would go and throw all that riiiiiighhhhht out the window LOL!

Sure you're not tongue

Ummm... i don't think it will ever go away, it's just a matter of dealing with the feelings when they do arise. I have my moments too, and the possibility of another baby sometime in future for me is very high but other times i think another baby would just throw a spanner in the works of our routined, contented lives. The boys are getting so big now and so independent that life just seems to be cruising along, a baby would go and throw all that riiiiiighhhhht out the window LOL!

That's what I think BFF! I am fanging for the day they can get out of bed and put the telly on so I can sleep til noon tongue .
I think us not having more would be a financial decision, not a heart decision and having another would be a complete heart decision.

I read something on here that really makes me question ANY decision- You don't regret the children you have, just the ones you don't.

Knowing my luck I'd have Octuplets or something!

Yup it does. Was gone for me as soon as DS was born. Im totally complete now and have no need for anyone else. My DH, DS and me. Perfectly happy
its funny, after having DS1 i didn't think i wanted to go through it again, but after a few months i knew i wanted another, but not too close so we waited til he was 15 months before starting TTC.

then with DS2 i have VERY fleeting moments of thinking of having another, but i feel like my life is on hold while i wait for them to start school IYKWIM?

i also don't feel i have enough patience for the 2 i have, let alone adding a third to the mix. so sadly i don't think i will be having another newborn.

one thing i think of when i do get that fleeting moment, is when i was in hospital after having DS2 and he refused to go to sleep each night, i hadn't been able to sleep in the day, and i was soooooo freaking tired. in the end i got the midwives to take him to the nursery and cried myself to sleep, wondering why i had done this to myself (had another baby). but of course that was only for those first really hard days. i don't think that anymore! lol. i don't want to ever feel like that again though.

i have 2 beautiful daughters, my first who is nearly 4 now, i had an easy pregnancy & natural birth with her and she was an easy baby. A great introduction to motherhood smile. My second daughter who is nearly 9 months old was born by caesarean after a horrible labour, she was born with a kidney problem which made her susceptible to UTI's so we were in & out of hospital with her for the first couple of months, followed by an operation to fix her problem. Then we were rushed back to hospital in an ambulance because she wasnt breathing properly/going grey, where she had an emergency operation to repair a perforated bowel that had accidentally happened during her first surgery. It was all extremely stressful! She's a happy baby now, but very demanding & difficult.
I would like another baby one day (not too soon) but my partner doesnt want anymore (understandable after all that stress) Im just hoping one day he'll change his mind. Also not sure if i'd have a natural birth or opt for a caesarean if i did fall pregnant again.
well you know me, and if i can go back for a second, you can go back for a third! laugh

i think its normal to "mourn" the loss of your babies as they grow up into children and possibly that makes you feel that itch for another one.
But then i think if that little itch turns into a big itch, its a sign that you arent done having kids.

how bad is your itch hun?! LOL

how bad is your itch hun?! LOL

Are we still talking about the same thing? laugh laugh laugh

No big itches here- thankfully.I really do think we're done, just wonder where these feelings come from! They certainly don't rear their ugly heads on the bad days (weekdays wink )

Sign in to follow this topic