Huggies Forum

Mothers day is everyday Lock Rss

Just a reminder to all you wonderful mums out there that may not see their children on mothers day.. Mothers day is every day. The date on the calender marked mothers day should really say, make a buck day for the shops.

I have four children and this year mothers day happens to fall on the weekend that my older two children are visting their bio father, so I wont see them at all, they did make me some beautiful cards before they went so that was lovely, My husband and our two little ones will be together, but it really just isnt the same without our whole family together.

Mothers day isnt about your partner spoiling you, but they can if they want haha.. smile

Hold every single morning close to your heart, treat every one like a beautiful blessing, that you wake up to your little ones smiling back at you. You are that little ones hero. Be proud ladies! There is no other harder more rewarding job in the world then being a devoted Mum.

Happy Mothers Day to you all.... smile xoxoxoxox
Happy mothers day to you too!!!!

http://decadent-delights1.webnode.com/blog/
My blog, take a peek into my world

Happy mothers day to you... hope it is enjoyable for you anyway!

I think the point has been missed a little by some though... I havn't seen anyone yet complain that they wont 'get a gift'. It's not about the gift... it's about feeling like someone appreciates all you put into being a mum. Like I said in one of my other posts - I really don't care if dh got me some silly crappy useless gift that will collect dust... I just want to know that he thought about me and cares about making me feel like I'm worth being loved for all that I put into being a mum. In fact - even a little note that said thank you for all you do, or a painting from dd would make my day.

I'll be sleeping all day tomorrow - my second nightshift tonight but we will be going out for tea.

All mummies deserve to feel good about tomorrow - it really does hurt when the day goes by without anything said at all. Been there done that!

Oh and I might just add that for me mothers day isn't every day... I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion unless you have nice relaxing days every single day. Mostly my days are filled with juggling kindy/care with work, then coming home to put washing on, cook tea, clean up and deal with a cranky, overtired kid that doesn't want to cooperate because she's had a busy day. On these days I don't get to grab a special moment with dd because she's too busy making life difficult for everyone and needs to go to bed!!!!

So yeah... mothers day for me is tomorrow evening - and seeing as it's sunday dd wont be overtired, and dh will be home for once so will will enjoy a relaxing and pleasant evening to ourselves... that's what I call mothers day.

Hope you all get brekky in bed and a nice cuddle in the morning!

Happy mothers day ladies!!! grin

I think the point has been missed a little by some though... I havn't seen anyone yet complain that they wont 'get a gift'. It's not about the gift... it's about feeling like someone appreciates all you put into being a mum. Like I said in one of my other posts - I really don't care if dh got me some silly crappy useless gift that will collect dust... I just want to know that he thought about me and cares about making me feel like I'm worth being loved for all that I put into being a mum. In fact - even a little note that said thank you for all you do, or a painting from dd would make my day.

I'll be sleeping all day tomorrow - my second nightshift tonight but we will be going out for tea.

All mummies deserve to feel good about tomorrow - it really does hurt when the day goes by without anything said at all. Been there done that!

Oh and I might just add that for me mothers day isn't every day... I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion unless you have nice relaxing days every single day. Mostly my days are filled with juggling kindy/care with work, then coming home to put washing on, cook tea, clean up and deal with a cranky, overtired kid that doesn't want to cooperate because she's had a busy day. On these days I don't get to grab a special moment with dd because she's too busy making life difficult for everyone and needs to go to bed!!!!

So yeah... mothers day for me is tomorrow evening - and seeing as it's sunday dd wont be overtired, and dh will be home for once so will will enjoy a relaxing and pleasant evening to ourselves... that's what I call mothers day.

agreed. the point has been missed. for me mothers day is about being appreciated for being a mother and it is definately not everyday for me in this household lol. i will be happy with my sleep in and breakfast in bed. no one is asking for a million dollar gift or anything, they are just asking to be appreciated on the day specifically set aside for mothers day.

and just on a side note. my ds (3 and 1/4 years olds) said to our carpet cleaner today, who is a man...'hey you, happy mothers day'. lol.

I too, agree. The reason mothers day has been turned into a day of celebration is yes, every day is a mother's day BUT we often need to set time aside to remember and appreciate mothers. Just like we remember the ANZACS, birthdays and so on. Some people might get an incredible amount of appreciation on a daily basis but I for one, think it is great that there is a day that can be set aside to celebrate the work that mothers put into their families. I love the fact that on fathers day, DS and I can buy him something special and dedicate a whole day to pampering dad - because he is special. But that's something we enjoy as a family. And that's the kind of person I am. We always show appreciation in our family but like to make the most of days such as mothers/fathers day to remember how great and valuable each parent is too.

So I can see why some mothers here are feeling a bit upset and I think they're entitled to. Just because it might not mean the same thing to you as it does to them doesn't mean that they should just suck it up and appreciate their families. Appreciation goes a long way in a family and I think mothers are often far too under-appreciated and unrecognised. Saying 'thank you' and giving mum a homemade card or going out of one's way to buy a box of chocolates or something small is not hard, at all. It's all about attitude and that's what I see on here - mums are feeling hurt about their partner's attitude toward mothers day. I'd go so far to guess that if the partner can't be stuffed recognising mum on mothers day, odds are that they don't do it throughout the year, either. But that's just my opinion...
Well my husband is just the greatest and he ALWAYS goes to extrems to show hoe much he is thank ful for all I do for him and the kids, he buys me flowers from the florist all wrapped lovely and never lets them die, he replaces them every couple of weeks before they do, he always sneeks little chocolate treats and other little treats home and hides them for me under my pillow, or in the top of the fridge, he leaves for work at 5am and leaves ,e little love notes on the breakfast bench set out with my bowl and spoon... He sends me love texts alday long, when he gets home he picks me up off my feet and showers me in kisses and tells me how much he missed me and loves me.. Our children have been brough up around this all their lifes so they to make me little notes and pictures for me and give our end less hugs and thank yous. So mothers to me, meaning tomorrow, will be like every other day to me.. one that I love, my husband says I am the best so I will always be treated like the best he also tells the children, a happy home is a happy mummy..haha.. Adorable.. smile

Well my husband is just the greatest and he ALWAYS goes to extrems to show hoe much he is thank ful for all I do for him and the kids, he buys me flowers from the florist all wrapped lovely and never lets them die, he replaces them every couple of weeks before they do, he always sneeks little chocolate treats and other little treats home and hides them for me under my pillow, or in the top of the fridge, he leaves for work at 5am and leaves ,e little love notes on the breakfast bench set out with my bowl and spoon... He sends me love texts alday long, when he gets home he picks me up off my feet and showers me in kisses and tells me how much he missed me and loves me.. Our children have been brough up around this all their lifes so they to make me little notes and pictures for me and give our end less hugs and thank yous. So mothers to me, meaning tomorrow, will be like every other day to me.. one that I love, my husband says I am the best so I will always be treated like the best he also tells the children, a happy home is a happy mummy..haha.. Adorable.. smile

well surely you would know and appreciate that not everyones household is like that, hence why people might get a little bit miffed if mothers day goes unrecognised.

you should bottle him up and sell him! LOL!! DH and I used to be like that, we have lost our way a little bit in between the 1st and 3rd child but we are getting back there slowly.....enjoy and cherish him, sounds like you have a very lovely loving husband there smile
I'd be happy with my kids not fighting all day... I told them tomorrow is Mothers Day and that means they have to be nice to me all day... fat chance, but felt good saying it smile

Seriously though I'd be happy just for a little recognition of all I do, being a mum is a thankless job which you put your all into so would be nice to get some cuddles and a wonky home made card and for my husband to even say he appreciates all that I do. I couldnt care less about gifts.
Mothers day for me is everyday.
For me Mother's day isn't about presents or sleep in's. Its all about my kids saying "I Love you Mummy" or for them telling me how much they loved dinner or that they like what I am wearing. I wouldn't care if my hubby went out cause the day is about me and my kids. Dh has his own mum.

My dh treats me with respect and kindness - tells me every day that he loves me. I wouldnt let him buy me flowers and he's not into that kind of thing anyway so that side of it is not even in question.

However.... I know he loves me. He tells me so. I know he likes me as a person. BUT.... those endless tasks and organisation it takes to run with our lifestyle is something that goes unmentioned every single day. That's life as we know it.

Dh works long hours- sometimes 16hr days, so I understand that he is tired and sometimes not in the mood to be lovey dovey - that's ok with me.

So tomorrow is a day that I get just a little something extra in the 'thank you' part for being a mum and keeping our household running.

So tomorrow is a day that I get just a little something extra in the 'thank you' part for being a mum and keeping our household running.

Exactly how I feel!!
Sign in to follow this topic