Huggies Forum

Organ Donation Lock Rss

All the ads about organ donation latley got me thinking, how many people are actually organ donors? Im all for it smile id like to think i could help someone when they needed it. I had a friends mum tell me one day that she is against it as when she dies they will take her eyes and she wants to see when she goes to heaven!!

So are you for or against??

smile

For... definitely. Both DH and I are registered on the Organ Donor Register.

There was a thread a couple weeks ago about this and it was done to death. (Pardon the really bad pun there!) Sorry. Just thought I would let you know. smile

For... definitely. Both DH and I are registered on the Organ Donor Register.

There was a thread a couple weeks ago about this and it was done to death. (Pardon the really bad pun there!) Sorry. Just thought I would let you know. smile

Oh was there? oops must of missed that one, thanks smile

Oh was there? oops must of missed that one, thanks smile

That's okay. Just thought I would let you know incase you didn't get many replies. That would be the reason why. grin

Absolutely for it, I won't need them anymore.
There was quite a big buzz about organ donation or even selling in Asia. I have read that there was an English man who got sick of waiting for a kidney from the kidney institute of his country. He flew to a country in Asia and bough one from someone who was willing to donate his. I think that came with great need to earn money.

I guess that there should be consent from both parties and under the rule of court prove that there was no force exerted to get the process done.
i am for it for me. if someone is against it well that is there choice.
DH and I are both definately for it, we started talking about it after seeing the ads and I dont see any reason why we wouldnt do it smile
we are for organ donation. but living organ donation is a grey area for us
I am unsure. I don't really like the idea of it, but then it seems stupid to object to it because I won't need them anymore and it would be great to be able to help someone who needs them. But then I don't think that my heart would be able to be donated as I have a heart murmur, and there is also a genetic liver condition present in my family which I don't seem to have yet but it may appear one day so I don't think anyone would want my liver either!

Many people don't realise that your family get to have the final say in whether your organs are donated or not. Even if you are on the organ donor register, your family can overrule this. So it's important that you have this discussion with your families!

I am unsure. I don't really like the idea of it, but then it seems stupid to object to it because a) I won't need them anymore and cool it would be great to be able to help someone who needs them. But then I don't think that my heart would be able to be donated as I have a heart murmur, and there is also a genetic liver condition present in my family which I don't seem to have yet but it may appear one day so I don't think anyone would want my liver either!

Many people don't realise that your family get to have the final say in whether your organs are donated or not. Even if you are on the organ donor register, your family can overrule this. So it's important that you have this discussion with your families!

My family know my wishes, and I would be ecstatic if every organ/ tissue was used to help others. (But, do want the docs to have a very hard effort to save me first). I have threatened to haunt them otherwise.

It actually annoys me when people are against it, as I'm sure they wouldn't knock back that kidney to save their own life.

Eve75

I like the idea of organ donation but I really don't want to know what will happen to me when I die. I have told hubby that since it comes down to his decision that he gets to decide. If he wants to donate my organs then great but if he just can't do it then I would be happy with that. Is this strange? I just really don't want to know / think about it.
Sign in to follow this topic