Huggies Forum

home remedies for burnt hand! Lock Rss

Hi all

I burnt my left hand tonight getting sauce out of the microwave. I have burnt the fleshy part and my whole thumb. I've put it under cold water for 10-15 minutes with breaks in between and have a cold wet facewasher on it atm but it is so painful I can't sleep.

I don't have any burn cream or aloe vera. It's 11pm and cant leave the kids to find somewhere that is open to buy something to help so does anyone nkow what else would help it? I really need some relief and sleep.

TIA Natalie
Ouch! Poor you. sad

All I can think of is trying to keep it cool, not too cold, and maybe try some nappy rash cream if you have any? It'll be fine to put on a burn and hopefully soothing.

Good luck, I hate burns.
A complete stab in the dark here but maybe some chilled cucumber? Might be soothing? Otherwise I like the nappy rash idea x
Ouch, you poor thing. If you've got some vinegar in the cupboard dilute it 1:1 with water. Soak a soft cloth in it and apply. I've also heard cold tea bags help too. Take some panadeine or other pain relief. Also a bag of frozen peas or corn to help numb the area.

Tomorrow if it still hurts go to the chemist and get a product called Paxyl it's awesome stuff it immediately cools and numbs the area. I keep it in the kitchen as i have a tendency to pick up baking trays out of the oven with my bare hands! (It seems like i burn myself at least once a month!)

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds,
You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.

Ouch, you poor thing. If you've got some vinegar in the cupboard dilute it 1:1 with water. Soak a soft cloth in it and apply. I've also heard cold tea bags help too. Take some panadeine or other pain relief. Also a bag of frozen peas or corn to help numb the area.

Tomorrow if it still hurts go to the chemist and get a product called Paxyl it's awesome stuff it immediately cools and numbs the area. I keep it in the kitchen as i have a tendency to pick up baking trays out of the oven with my bare hands! (It seems like i burn myself at least once a month!)

Thank yo uall for your suggestions. I'll be trying it all immediately. I have taken panadol but not helping. I do have panadeine forte with a very mild sedative in it so if all else fails in the next couple hours I'll be taking one of those.

Thanks again

Thank yo uall for your suggestions. I'll be trying it all immediately. I have taken panadol but not helping. I do have panadeine forte with a very mild sedative in it so if all else fails in the next couple hours I'll be taking one of those.

Thanks again

Be careful, both panadol and panadeine forte contain paracetamol - so should only be taken every 4-6 hours. Do you have any nurofen/ibuprofen? You could try taking that - it should help with the inflammation. You shouldn't apply any ointments/creams/home remedies to burns. Just keep putting it in cool water/applying cool facewashers, and cover it with a non-stick dressing. Elevate your arm to reduce the swelling.
Given the location and size, you should probably see a GP tomorrow as well.
Try Lucas' Paw Paw ointment if you have it. I tried it as a last resort once and seemed to help.
Thanks for your suggestions. I didn't need the panadeine though i did put paw paw cream on it and slept with a cool cloth on it on top of a pillow.
This morning it hasn't blistered at all but is quite red so I will get it checked out today.

Thanks again.
Sign in to follow this topic