Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. does it aggrivate other women or am i just an ogre?

does it aggrivate other women or am i just an ogre? Rss

When dh doesn't return a single phone call or message at all the entire day long, then is still not home at 7pm and he hasn't let you know he was going to be late?

The later it gets, the more I am fuming! Furthermore.... I asked him to bring some meat home for tea as he has to pass the shop anyway and he said he would early this morning.... but then never warned me he wouldn't be home. So dd is having scrambled eggs and there is no cooked dinner for anyone because I had no warning there would be no meat.

Freaking men! Grrrrrr

It would drive me nuts too I think. Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately?) we live at OH's work so I always know where he is hahaha. Sometimes he goes out to the shops and forgets his phone which annoys me to no end, if I need him to get something laugh

DS - Nov 2008 & DD - Feb 2012

I'm with you. My DH has learned, not as quickly as he should have, that if I call twice during the day and he hasn't returned a call I'll be pissed when he gets home. He now tells me in the morning a rough time he'll be home and he always rings earlier and asks if I need anything to be brought home.

I'm pretty sure I come across as an ogre but on occasion that has worked - once I called him to bring milk home and I said, don't come home if you forget it. I heard him drive in to the driveway get out of his car, get to the front door then I heard his car drive off again. Needless to say he went out to get the milk.

I grew up with my dad calling my mum every lunch time just to see how she was going, so in a way I kinda expect that from DH. My dad would have to be the least romantic, affectionate person I know and for him to call mum every day I thought was sweet.

If my DH tells me he's picking up stuff for dinner and then isn't home in time for DD's meal he'd know he's in big trouble!!
It's not like I bug him all day long.... some days I don't need to call at all, other days it might be once or twice at the most. he usually gives me a call at some stage to tell me if he's going to be late... and I expect a text if he's going to be after 5pm as its getting close to dinner time.

Considering we cook for them I think its the courteous thing to do. Oh well.... he'll be walking in later tonight expecting that I've saved him a hot dinner, and he'll be quite disappointed to find there's nothing.

I feel like a total cow but anyway..... I don't think its difficult or much to expect of him.

Your deff not the only one! This Really makes me super cranky....
Yes he's fine. He has just waltzed on in at this minute and is probably wondering why he can't smell food and why I have not gotten off the couch yet.

Hubby normally text me or phone me when he can. I start to worry by 6 if i haven't heard from him. But he become really good at ringing me. I think the worse if he doesn't ring.

When dh doesn't return a single phone call or message at all the entire day long, then is still not home at 7pm and he hasn't let you know he was going to be late?

The later it gets, the more I am fuming! Furthermore.... I asked him to bring some meat home for tea as he has to pass the shop anyway and he said he would early this morning.... but then never warned me he wouldn't be home. So dd is having scrambled eggs and there is no cooked dinner for anyone because I had no warning there would be no meat.

Freaking men! Grrrrrr

Don't think my husband would even consider it.. I would go mental! Def don't make him dinner, hopefully he'll learn his lesson x
I don't think you're being an ogre at all. If my husband did it I'd say he was being disrespectful and selfish.
I am used to DP finishing work at different times every day as he is a chef, some days its 9pm some not till 11pm but he texts me when he is on his way home... prob just so I can heat his dinner up tho lol!
In your situation where he has a 'usual' finish time he should tell you when he is late. Its not fair - how does he know you aren't worried that something may have happened to him?
So no, not an ogre. Hope you told him to sort his sh!t out smile
You are definitely not an ogre!!!! I get the same with my hubby. He has regular 6.30am to 5pm hours (works as a supervisor in a cafe). When he is not home by 6 I start to worry especially if he has not called to say is going to be late. The most annoying thing is when he forgets his mobile phone home and I have to estimate when he will be home to have dinner ready. i always make sure dinner is ready because then our twin boys want play time with daddy whom they have not seen all day. Hopefully your man will change his ways soon. I feel it is just a common courtesy that is all. I believe we do not ask for much really. Good luck
Oh supermummy.... that's much worse! Mine did that to me just once. Before we were married. I was much more feisty back then too and didn't really know how to talk things through - so my yelling/screaming at him would have woken the whole neighborhood. I had even driven all the way into town to look down all the alleyways at 4am in case he was hurt or unconscious!

Needless to say if he's having a night out these days which is rare since we became parents he's now VERY good at sending me texts a couple times a nite, and will definitely be home when he says he will! Now to sort out this one (without the yelling! smile ) was too cross last nite so am yet to broach the Subject.

Sign in to follow this topic