Huggies Forum

Omg Lock Rss

The chilling moment that you're at work with one other girl, a client shows up off his face with 4 other huge guys. Intimidated. Would like them to leave. Panic button anyone?

They're gone. Job Services.

He had his payments cut off from c/link.

yep! Just occasionally it gets intimidating. I sometimes wish that the company would hire a man or two, as much as i hate to say it, when a man is around a client is less likely to get aggressive.

We get that all the time... I just smile and be really friendly and they fall in love. lol

However by that point I've already made the phone calls to ask other people to come for a bit of backup. smile

Do you have a code word?

We don't, however the other day i found out that calling the girls upstairs and asking for a 'red pen' means "come down stairs, there's a cute guy you need to check out!"

no we dont. But we have an emergency bell on the wall and one on the keys in our pocket if we need.

I like the red pen idea!! lol

So scary. My mum is in the same line of work and has to deal with some really crazy people sometimes.

yep! Just occasionally it gets intimidating. I sometimes wish that the company would hire a man or two, as much as i hate to say it, when a man is around a client is less likely to get aggressive.

I would think not having any males present at any given time in such a job could be a legitimate OH&S concern? The fact is, if you have concerns for your safety they should be addressed. One place I worked used to consistently have women-only staff in positions of authority and as the predominate workers under them for night shifts. I couldn't tell you how many times we had abusive customers that were, more often than not, under the influence of either drugs or alcohol. It took over a year and a couple of incidents to get a security guard employed, but by that time I'd stopped working there.
I used to work for Nokia care, which is a phone repair centre, and we didn't often get the happiest of people in considering they come in for broken/faulty phones. most repairs were under warranty, but some things like liquid damage or things caused by physical damage ie, if someone dropped the phone and that caused the damage. Anyways some people would get very angry at the thought that they may have to pay for a job. One person threw his phone at the front window because his cracked lcd wasn't going to be covered under warranty. If I got too scared from a angry customer I would get the manager (male) to come out. we didn't have a code word, but we had a button under our desks, pretty much a doorbell that we would press if we needed help

I hear you. My normal job is as a bank teller and I tell you what I am super glad we are behind Perspex!

Funny you mention the red pen because at our work the girls used to refer to a hot bloke as a green pen!! I found it very amusing!

Sadly I agree with the men intimidation aspect. There were many a times that a man was abusing the crap out if me and I would go grab my male manager and the situation would calm immediately, just by having his presence there.

The manager i worked for during the worst of it was useless. He was there when a customer was going off his trolley at me over something i had nothing to do with and he did nothing. Just told the guy he was wrong and walked off...um...great but then i had to deal with the guy launching into what looked like 'roid rage.

I used to attract the nastiest people when i was working there. My work mates couldnt believe it. Hi, Im Nicole, ill be your doormat today grin laugh

Hey, I may have misread, but did you used to with for nokia care too? Or just talking another job?

Sign in to follow this topic