Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Facebook Rss

So another person posted about facebook and being annoyed at people "checking in" when their kids were in hospital. So just thought I would see what other people think of facebook...

Personally I really like it. I have friends and family I can't see very often either because we live in different states/country or because of how busy life gets. I like being able to share pictures and statuses and find out what is happening in my friends/family life. I have changed my account so that certain things only a select group of people can see, but I do have about 150 'friends' and I don't actually see all of them.

I do have a few annoyances with what other people post though...

Firstly, I know a mother who is a model and she puts up pics of herself in a bikini and pouting or in very sexual 'model pose'... while holding her son! I hate this, it looks so wrong!

I also hate couples who write sickly sweet statuses to each other frequently - why not just say what you are feeling directly to them. We don't need to know that they are the light of your life, your reason for living, bla bla bla. I even saw a status once that said "when you read this babe, call me" wtf? Ok, the odd sweet message can be nice, like for an anniversary or if your spouse does something really kind for you and you might like to share, but every other week - come on, get a room

Lastly I hate cryptic messages like "This is the hardest thing I've been through.." or other messages like that, then people comment and say "what is wrong, everything ok?" and the poster writes "yeah, don't want to share with facebook" UM HELLO, you JUST DID! Like seriously, either keep it to yourself or tell everyone what is going on. Once again, the odd post like this I can excuse, but I know people who do it constantly and it's a bit annoying.

I probably sound like a judgemental cow haha! But most facebook activity I quite enjoy! Oddly enough, I don't mind reading what people ate for lunch (sometimes I'm inspired lol) or looking at hundreds of pics of their kids etc. So what are all your thoughts about FB!!?

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

I got rid of FB a year ago- for alot of the reasons you just mentioned lol people do my head in - when did everyone become so addicted to publicity?! It felt like no one enjoyed a real conversation or quality time but just love to put status's up so everyone knows what they're doing at every minute- I also did it hence why I got off lol

I wanted to return to one on ones, real friendships, real conversations and a little effort where relationships are concerned wink I'm glad it works for some but not me - I've replaced it with huggies and I honestly feel huggies is a much more real community, for the most part everyone is upfront and says exactly how they feel - be it good or bad and there's no smooshy status's with people trying to out do each other laugh

life might not be so busy if people didn't use facebook.... wink

really though, if people can only catch up using facebook, then maybe they can't sustain that many friendships. Who wants to be friends with someone that doesn't have time for them....
I think its more an ego thing. It makes people feel like they have friends which is a nice feeling. I think its quite superficial though. I mean if you can upload your photos to facebook, how hard is it to stick them on email and say send to all.... but then again, do people really need to see the bargain shoes that you bought, the steak you had for dinner or the funny face you can pull when you are sloshed.

sorry..... facebook does my head in.... cool smile
i enjoy facebook and although i do have a few pet peeves, my biggest one is the attention seeking cryptic messages.

for me i have family spread out everywhere and im not a talking on the phone person at all... infact i hate the phone so a message or post here and there helps me keep in contact with people i wouldnt usually be able to much. my brother lives in qld im in melb and he has a daughter a few months older than my son and it has been a great way for us to both see how the kids are growing.

also for older friends from school and that i enjoy being able to briefly keep in contact with them. i have a couple of gfs i had lost touch with after school but since they have now had kids we have reconected and becomes close again and i have to say its because of facebook.

i spose its a personal thing, you either like it or dont.

life might not be so busy if people didn't use facebook.... wink

really though, if people can only catch up using facebook, then maybe they can't sustain that many friendships. Who wants to be friends with someone that doesn't have time for them....
I think its more an ego thing. It makes people feel like they have friends which is a nice feeling. I think its quite superficial though. I mean if you can upload your photos to facebook, how hard is it to stick them on email and say send to all.... but then again, do people really need to see the bargain shoes that you bought, the steak you had for dinner or the funny face you can pull when you are sloshed.

sorry..... facebook does my head in.... cool smile

Well Said!!

So what are all your thoughts about FB!!?

Easy! I hate facebook..would never use it tongue laugh

So another person posted about facebook and being annoyed at people "checking in" when their kids were in hospital. So just thought I would see what other people think of facebook...

Personally I really like it. I have friends and family I can't see very often either because we live in different states/country or because of how busy life gets. I like being able to share pictures and statuses and find out what is happening in my friends/family life. I have changed my account so that certain things only a select group of people can see, but I do have about 150 'friends' and I don't actually see all of them.

I do have a few annoyances with what other people post though...

Firstly, I know a mother who is a model and she puts up pics of herself in a bikini and pouting or in very sexual 'model pose'... while holding her son! I hate this, it looks so wrong!

I also hate couples who write sickly sweet statuses to each other frequently - why not just say what you are feeling directly to them. We don't need to know that they are the light of your life, your reason for living, bla bla bla. I even saw a status once that said "when you read this babe, call me" wtf? Ok, the odd sweet message can be nice, like for an anniversary or if your spouse does something really kind for you and you might like to share, but every other week - come on, get a room

Lastly I hate cryptic messages like "This is the hardest thing I've been through.." or other messages like that, then people comment and say "what is wrong, everything ok?" and the poster writes "yeah, don't want to share with facebook" UM HELLO, you JUST DID! Like seriously, either keep it to yourself or tell everyone what is going on. Once again, the odd post like this I can excuse, but I know people who do it constantly and it's a bit annoying.

I probably sound like a judgemental cow haha! But most facebook activity I quite enjoy! Oddly enough, I don't mind reading what people ate for lunch (sometimes I'm inspired lol) or looking at hundreds of pics of their kids etc. So what are all your thoughts about FB!!?

I so agree with u! The same thing happened to me this morning on FB... a couple I know who are in their 40's, the husband wrote I love you on her wall, so she goes I love you more. I mean really, sat it to her face!

I also can't handle cryptic stuff... if you're life is so bad go see a shrink lol

Also people that swear on FB, I really don't see the need.

Yeah I think I need to give up Facebook but my parents back home and family love seeing pictures and videos.
I only have fb to keep up with my cousins & friends that live in another states.

One of my friends loves to say glad i don't have kids and goes on about that she shouldn't be drinking cause she getting too old.

I don't know why people like to say what they doing every second of the day on there. None of my friends do unless it something that shock them. They don't post alot of things.

I think its fine for others but I have no interest/ time or inclination for it.Good to catch up with travelling friends or family but I still cant be bothered

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

I dont mind FB but then I have 19 friends and over half of them are family and the other half are people who I am interested in and who dont post stupid things all the time.
I will comment a bit but don't put personal info on FB. I mainly use the message system to talk to family.

http://decadent-delights1.webnode.com/blog/
My blog, take a peek into my world

Hey girls

Just wanted to put my 2 bobs worth in...I like facebook, probably spend too much time on it...love seeing what friends/family/people i went to school with etc are up to, all of their baby photos (which probably isnt a good thing for me as I really really really want one of my own!! Definately doesnt help with the cluckiness lol)

I dont update my status very often, at most once every couple of weeks.

There are a few things that annoy me and not sure if anyone else saw this but it was a picture of a small boy in a coffin with an american flag and a story about what happened to him, not sure if it was actually true but thousands of people all over the world had "liked" this photo to show their "respect".
Egh I just thought how disrespectful posting something like that actually was.

i am a facebook clone... LOL

but, we lead a very nomadic lifestyle & while i would love love love to catch up over a coffee with my bestie, it just isnt possible.. she lives in another country, in another time zone. The best we can do is upload piccies of our kids & send a msg/wall post. International phone calls would cost us a fortune, coupled with the interstate calls to keep up with everyone back 'home'. My life would be a nightmare - especially considering that i live in a different time zone to even my australian family/friends...

I do have friends IRL where i live & catch up with them every other day, so just because you use facebook, doesnt mean that you dont have 'real' meaningful friendships with people..

As for the partners that 'love each other' - what if they work away?? i have quite a few 'mining buddies' & they always write that soppy stuff to each other - i just dont read it.

The spammy posts are what get up my goat - advertisements & the 'share if you like' stuff - ergh. I guess i hate the cryptic posts as well - if you dont want everyone to know, then dont post it..

like PP's, it suits some people & not others.

Sign in to follow this topic