Huggies Forum

shopping Lock Rss

goood morning ladies '

random question

do you have a shopping list ? if you do whats normaly on it ?
since i moved into my place i havnt really done a big shop as its just me n ds and he cant eat normal food just yet .

i need to write a list but im hopeless at lists i always for get stuff
hahaha wouldnt let me write anything under the quote lol

your comment made me laugh lol "nick off with fridge"
thankyou for that smile

cream corn frittas sounds nice you have a recipe for them ?
2littleBs wrote:
I have a notepad I keep on the bench and I jot things down when theyve run out or are getting low. Then the night before my grocery shop I suss out what we will have for the week and add that on, I also double check nothing is getting low without me noticing. I always stick to my list when I shop and since Ive been doing that Ive saved heaps of $$$ of my groceries grin

Totally agree. We try to plan enough meals for the next week and only buy what we need for them and what is on the list. Then the next week if we have any planned meals left we just add to that. A great way to save $$$$$ smile smile

2littleBs wrote:
I have a notepad I keep on the bench and I jot things down when theyve run out or are getting low. Then the night before my grocery shop I suss out what we will have for the week and add that on, I also double check nothing is getting low without me noticing. I always stick to my list when I shop and since Ive been doing that Ive saved heaps of $$$ of my groceries grin

Yep I do the same, always have a meal plan for the next week or so, it usually changes during the week, but at least I know we've got enough for those certain meals. We are on a tight budget so I keep a list of what we run out of and then before we go shopping I go through the cupboard and write down what we're running low on.
I HAVE to do lists, without them I forget so much, and I hate grocery shopping, so don't want to be going back for at least another week!!

Mimsey wrote:
Jess*91 wrote:
Mimsey wrote:
If a note pad goes missing all the time (like mine) get a whiteboard marker and use your fridge (as long as it's a smooth surface, and not SS) I would like my darlings to try and nick off with my fridge! wink

Ooo I get quoted twice! What's up hun tongue

Ha Ha you're hilarious. But a great idea wink we used to do that for my Nan's medications on the fridge as she had nurses each day, sometimes it differed who came so was a good communication tool using the fridge as a whiteboard smile

I am hopeless and always forget things so I NEED a shopping list. Our basics are milk, bread, meat , fruit & veg, sugar etc.

We have a note pad on our fridge for things that we run out of during the week, stuff we wouldn't normally buy weekly. Other stuff like veg, meat etc... doesn't go on the list.
I have one that has a magnet so it stays on the fridge. I'd be lost without my list, as I meal plan for the week and write everything I need on my list. I only shop once a week (apart from bread) so my list is really important
I save heaps of money by planning our meals for the week : )
We have a weekly meal plan on our fridge that way i only buy what we need for the week! It also helps with other things like veggies so i dont over buy things i cant use in the week!
So my list changes everyweek except for the basics like fruit, bread, milk, eggs and lunch meats!! That stuff is all just standard to buy!

Jas. wrote:
We write our shopping list on a whiteboard..aswell as a long list of things for df to do!! laugh

I can be hopeless at times..ill either forget to write the list on paper before going to the shops OR leave the list in my car roll eyes

If I have a short list, I take the one shopping bag in hope to stick with whats on the list, but I end up walking out with a trolley instead laugh

you are the same as me.I have 5-6 items on my list but the trolley ends up as high as a mountain

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

We have a magnetic list on the fridge (but sometimes it lives with my menu planner lol!) I have been trying to menu plan better and write everything on the list too, I plan about 5 meals per week we are normally out 1 night and the other night we have something from the freezer. I tend to buy too much veg so I've started writing exactly how many I need of things on the list when I menu plan, this has helped to not buy so much

Sign in to follow this topic