Huggies Forum

Vacuum cleaners. Which to get? Rss

Well I'm pretty sure it's obvious what I want to know from the title.

I have seen an Electrolux Ergorapido in our local store for only $150 and am wondering whether or not it would be worth getting.
I have never had an upright vacuum cleaner before and am wondering what other people think of them. I have heard that they can be hard to get into small spaces, but this Electrolux one can turn into a hand-held dust-buster type thing so that might make up for it.

Anyway, if you could tell me of your experiences with uprights or suggest a vacuum cleaner that you like it would be much appreciated smile

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

I have an Ergorapido and I love it. It's really light and easy to use and does a great job for what it is. It has enough battery power on a full charge to do a quick vacuum of the whole house. But it's only a handheld, so I just use it for a quick clean up. It just doesn't have the same cleaning power as a full-sized vacuum - although that may not be a problem if you don't have carpet.

For my regular vacuum, I have a Shark Navigator. It's also an upright, because I find that a barrel vacuum is a pain on my stairs. It is bagless and has great suction. I borrowed my mother's Dyson, having heard rave reviews of them, and found it really heavy and cumbersome. It was difficult to steer and didn't fit into any tight spots. My Shark is quite light, has swivel steering and can be pulled apart so that you can carry only the cannister and the hose, which is brilliant for the stairs. And having used it immediately after the Dyson, it cleaned still more dirt out of the carpets.
I have a Dyson and absolutely love it. They can be a bit more expensive but are well worth it. Sorry I'm no help on the Electrolux vacuum.
I have an electrolux ergorapido, I use it mainly for light clean up jobs like in between big vacuums, the tiled area and quick vacuums (before visitors lol!) It's great for this type of thing but probably not for getting all the dirt out of carpet. It's great because it just sits on it's charger and ready to go when you need it!

I just got a Miele cat and dog as my LG Bagless gave up the ghost and love it! Even though it has bags they don't fill up quickly and it has great suction for cat hair! I love not having to wash filters.

Our old vacuum was an electrolux, actually so was my washing machine and they were both crap! We have an upright dyson and I LOVE it! Was worth every cent smile

Thanks for your help smile

I think I may need to have a look in Godfreys next time we go out of town. I'm sure DH will love going vacuum cleaner shopping with me tongue

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

Zinkles wrote:
Thanks for your help smile

I think I may need to have a look in Godfreys next time we go out of town. I'm sure DH will love going vacuum cleaner shopping with me tongue

Just be a little bit aware of Godfreys if you go there as I found they were a bit pushy to buying an expensive vacuum and offered us a vaccum half price but was their own brand one. I would reccomend looking at online reviews. that's what sold the miele one for me as all the reveiws were great.

Good luck

I have had my Dyson for 8 years, never had a problem with it. Only negative thing is you can't use it to clean your car bc it is upright, but its great on the carpet and wooden floorboards. Yes they are super expensive, but to have the same vacuum for so long, its money well worth it.
This post is pretty old I'm seeing. Hello everybody? what about now? which vacuum cleaners are you using?

In my view, any vacuum cleaner with a good filtration system will do great. It'll block the allergens from floating freely in the air. Your baby is safe. The real problem occurs when you have a pet and pet hairs tend to let out more tiny allergen particles in the air. Pet hairs are hard to be picked up too.

You just cannot get rid of your pet, can you? what you need here is a pet-friendly vacuum cleaner. In the quest of such vacuum cleaners, I found out that shark vacuum cleaners do comparatively good than the Dysons, they are cheaper too. I have published my findings online. Feel free to check them. Let me know if it helps.

https://vacuumist.com/best-shark-vacuums-for-pe...
Today, most women prefer to buy a robot vacuum cleaner to free up precious time from cleaning the floors in the house. I advise you to visit the toprated website and see a comparison of robotic vacuum cleaners. This will help you make the right choice in favor of a reliable model and save money.
I have robot vacuum, i like how it can simply run on its own, since it can be scheduled. It does most of the hardwork. But we'll still need our dyson upright from to time, since our robot is round, it doesn't do well with corners.
Sign in to follow this topic