Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Can i get the hospital to stop anyone comming to try visit me?

Can i get the hospital to stop anyone comming to try visit me? Lock Rss

Hey I was just wondering can i get the hospital to stop people from comming to see me in hospital after ive had a c-section? Myself and df have decided that we dont want any visitors once ive had our little man. We decided this as we want our 3 year old to get used to having a little brother and we want to have family time with just myself, df, our 3 year old and our newest little edition smile We also dont want visitors because last time i had an emergency c-section at midnight and 8am the next day everyone came barging in all at once, i was still sore and trying to bond with my baby i got so annoyed no one would leave even when i kept hinting that i need to breastfeed Ds i eventually had to say to DF everyone needs to go so i can feed our son. DF told his mum on the weekend we dont want visitors while im in hospital and she was fine with our desicion....my parents on the other hand cracked the shits and asked what is wrong with me and why dont i want visitors i just dont understand why they cant accept our desicion and leave it. so now im worried that they will just turn up at the hospital even though we said no visitors so im hoping we can tell the maternity ward we dont want visiotrs and they can actually stop anyone that comes in looking for me..

Anyone else had this issue?? what did you do?

Thanks smile

What everyone else said!

They can definitely put a sign on your door and, if you speak to the nurses each day you can arrange that when you press your button they come and clear the room...they're great at that! I would also maybe suggest adding "no visitors to the hospital please" on your text message, Facebook message, newspaper message etc so that people are aware.

Would you believe that the worst offenders for me, after my c-sec, were my bloody in-laws...they rocked up between 1-3pm which was the hospital's designated rest time...and they just barged right in without even knocking! I spoke to the Nurse the next day and, believe it or not, they came back AT THE SAME TIME! The nurse actually told them they couldn't come in and made them sit in the lounge area until 3pm which was GREAT (you can hear me still laughing about it now)!
If you don't think people will respect your wishes, I wouldn't be telling anyone what day your c-section date is, or give them a date that is later than the truth.

Other than that, the nurses will help you if you speak to them. After my csection with dd1, I had her at 11:24am and by the time I got out of recovery and settled into my room to bond with her I had a heap if people in my room and was drugged up to the hilt, and the midwife came in and saw how tired I was and asked everyone to leave to give me rest. smile
we had DD2 via Section I did not want everyone up at the hospital till we knew everything was alright, When SFIL found out we where pregant he said that he was in the del room for everyone of his grand children so he wanted to be in there, so he was disappionted on the c section, so there was a very good chance that DD2 was going to NIC when she was born so everyone was told not to come up till we knew it was ok that they could see her, in the beggining MIL and SFIL where mad ( my family are down south so no issue there) but after she was born they understood so it worked out for us in the end

Butter_Flyaway wrote:
we had DD2 via Section I did not want everyone up at the hospital till we knew everything was alright, When SFIL found out we where pregant he said that he was in the del room for everyone of his grand children so he wanted to be in there

I'm just dying with curiosity about how you reacted when you SFIL put pressure on to be permitted to attend your labour!

It just seems a very presumptuous thing to expect, particularly from a male in-law!
I wish I thought of saying no to visitors with my first bub. I had my sisters, brother-in-laws, and neices and nephews all walk in when they were still wiping the blood off the floor! I hadnt even had a wash yet so Im laying on the bed stark naked with a thin sheet over me, boobs hanging out as we were trying to give bub first feed. my partner didnt even get a chance to have a cuddle of bub when we were swarmed by family. It was horrifying and disgusting. It ruined our first moments with our bub
Sign in to follow this topic