Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

the bad present thread!! Lock Rss

The undies thing reminded me of my mum giving me and my 2 sisters undies 4yrs ago for xmas. I remember thinking "why on earth is my mum buying grown women these?", and I still haven't worn them - I was 28wks pregnant with DD2 then, and my bum is still too big for them!
Quick Sticks wrote:
Pixie Chick wrote:
Quick Sticks wrote:
It drives me crazy when you say not to get something and they get it anyway!

My DH and I both told my Mil not to buy me underwear this year. She buys me the worst underwear that I won't wear and I just donate to an OP shop. So what does she buy... The underwear! I open the present and she says I know you said don't buy it but I know you love it so much. I don't know how many times I have told her, and this year she brought me 6 pairs!

I literally LOLed reading that! Who the heck buys undies for their daughter in law?! That's crazy and so funny how she was like I know you love it. Haha, enjoy your lovely 6 pairs of undies.

This is the third your in a row that I have been lucky enough to receive these undies.

They are:
*cheep (Kmart)
*silky with lace borders (ewww)
*the right size but very skimpy (I am a 12 but they will not cover anything!)
*and the colour.. 2 red, 2 white and the kicker... 2 zebra print!

And for the final blow... She announces today that now all the girls in the family (including her) HAVE THE SAME UNDERWEAR!!!

FML


There's a mental image I can't see you getting rid of in a hurry smile
My MIL volunteers in an OP Shop, I swear the first day back after xmas she collects all the unused unwanted gifts that people donate to the OP Shop and then gives to us next xmas as we always get these presents that make no sense! Hubby got a pair of converse style shoes, she says, "I know you'll like them, you have a pair exactly the same" Then why does he need another pair!
Steph 19, tell her to keep them at her place as you dont have much space then your dd can use it there and same goes for the boxing equipment

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Pinkie Pie wrote:
Ahh this thread is bringing up some memories for me. My mother (it's always my mother!) got me a purple lacey G-Banger one birthday gasp Now that I'm home I can share what she got me this year for Christmas. I think it's holds your jewelry like rings or something. It's too small to be a soap holder.


I seen these in Spotlight today and thought of you haha! It's a tea light candle holder!


Tigerlily. wrote:
I seen these in Spotlight today and thought of you haha! It's a tea light candle holder!


Haha tigelily typical for my mum to get me a something like that when I sell candle free wax products myself. She knows I would never actually light a candle too.




Just the safety factor. Especially with my kids.




slightly off Christmas topic, but I guess the worst 'present' I have gotten was for a birthday about 5 years ago. I got a bath mat from sil and her sil (if that makes sense) it was a joint present. It was a lovely reject shop one that was also cut unevenly so sat lop-sided on the floor. I actually took it as a metaphor when I opened it- "so this is what people thing of me? I let people walk all over me?"
I was actually hurt by that one. Clearly no thought there.


missy_83h wrote:
slightly off Christmas topic, but I guess the worst 'present' I have gotten was for a birthday about 5 years ago. I got a bath mat from sil and her sil (if that makes sense) it was a joint present. It was a lovely reject shop one that was also cut unevenly so sat lop-sided on the floor. I actually took it as a metaphor when I opened it- "so this is what people thing of me? I let people walk all over me?"
I was actually hurt by that one. Clearly no thought there.


Aww, sometimes no gift would be better hey? Maybe you need a Reject Shop trip for their next presents - Whips (if they're demanding)? Witches hats (if they're something that rhymes with witches)? Piggy banks (so they can save and buy their loved ones decent presents)? And so on tongue

I actually got underwear this year too (from my mum). It's floral. But she means well...


My 3yr old recieved from her nana and poppa, a keyboard with a microphone. you know the type, plays cheesy tinny tunes, and the kids can play piano and sing really loudly. The grandy's thought it was funny...had they forgot that I have a newborn baby?
Quick Sticks wrote:
It drives me crazy when you say not to get something and they get it anyway!My DH and I both told my Mil not to buy me underwear this year. She buys me the worst underwear that I won't wear and I just donate to an OP shop. So what does she buy... The underwear! I open the present and she says I know you said don't buy it but I know you love it so much. I don't know how many times I have told her, and this year she brought me 6 pairs!


OMFG!!!! does she think you aren't capable of buying your own undies?? thats the worst!!!!
Quick Sticks wrote:
And for the final blow... She announces today that now all the girls in the family (including her) HAVE THE SAME UNDERWEAR!!!FML



That is sooo wrong on so many levels. LMAO
Sign in to follow this topic