Huggies Forum

Disappointed Lock Rss

Well finally I had a chance to check out some kids clothes shops and I was so disappointed. Especially with pumpkin patch, I've been dying to look in there for ages esp as we only really have big w, kmart, target....and nothing...nothing nice at all, I used to get heaps of nice things there for ds1 but now they don't have anything. I did have luck at jeans west and cotton on kids though..and all the other shops were too pricy

Little Miss' wrote:
Pumpkin patch are terrible now. My SIL used to work there and they have changed designers. I went looking for a dress for DD1 to wear to a wedding and it was all awful.

That would explain it....I didn't even like the jeans they had...sad

I agree! It's shocking lately.

Exactly why I learnt to sew! I now just buy the cheapie play clothes and then each season make a couple of unique and cute clothes for special occasions and going out.

I hope more people get sick and tired of the same old shop clothes and then I might start my hand made business tongue

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

Pinkie Pie wrote:
I agree! It's shocking lately.

Glad its not just me

Skubala wrote:
Exactly why I learnt to sew! I now just buy the cheapie play clothes and then each season make a couple of unique and cute clothes for special occasions and going out.

I hope more people get sick and tired of the same old shop clothes and then I might start my hand made business tongue

Yeah homemade clothes are cute, but easier to do for girls. If we have a girl next time ill definately sew skirts and dresses

Skubala wrote:

Yep Skubala I buy handmade, sometimes there's great stuff on Etsy. If I need a nice dress they are usually beautiful and not that expensive.

*mummsy* wrote:
What about charlie&me? I buy stuff from their online store and I think their boy stuff is quite nice, and a lot cheaper then pumpkin patch!

Agree with this too. I wanted just white pilchers for under dresses. Do you think anyone had them!!? Big W sold out and they were $16 in pp which is a total rip off. $6 in charlie and me and they were a really nice material. Also bought a dress there for $10.

Doublewammy check out nextdirect online also. Delivery is free and I find their kids stuff is really nice qaulity for a good price. They have heaps I'd like to buy now but dd has been in size 0 forever so no point in buying more yet.

Mummsy and steph, thanks for those suggestions, I've had a little look and I like what I see. Especially the stuff at nextdirect looks cheap and awesome

Mummsy and steph, thanks for those suggestions, I've had a little look and I like what I see. Especially the stuff at nextdirect looks cheap and awesome

I also checked out nextdirect and spotted some gorgeous stuff that I want for Mr Bump. If only I had a credit card... but husband knew I could not be trusted tongue

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

Skubala wrote:
I also checked out nextdirect and spotted some gorgeous stuff that I want for Mr Bump. If only I had a credit card... but husband knew I could not be trusted tongue

Lol smile alas I haven't got one either!

Sign in to follow this topic