Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Not sure what to do.. Rss

I would not rush into dropping out of uni, after all, you have already invested some of your time to study.

I suggest the first thing you do is talk to someone at uni, you should still be able to "drop out" of this current semester without having to pay uni fees, although the dates may differ from uni to uni.You can always look into transferring to another uni, it doesn't have to be Griffith Uni.

Personally I transferred from James Cook Uni in Cairns to Wollongong uni in NSW without any dramas. Just check with what will possibly be your new uni, ask them what they require from you. Often they need your academic trancription (unofficial should be ok) and a description of the different subjects you have completed so far, to best match where you're at with their program.

Best of luck. You will be rewarded in the end!!! smile
Just a thought but could you take a reduced load at all? Like just do one subject, so you can keep on with your study while also working? Not sure what you're studying so it might not work out. Just thought there might be other options than just deferring. Hope the uni is helpful and understanding.
I'm sorry it's so hard sad
What T said.

If you move up to the coast, Sunshine Coast uni have a nursing course, as does QUT at Caboolture. You might find transferring to another uni makes the timetable more manageable, i.e. all your classes might be on one day or two, rather than all week. What year are you in?

And + 1million about your hubby being a lazy turd (sorry, but can't think of a nice way to describe him)

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

Skubala wrote:
If you move up to the coast, Sunshine Coast uni have a nursing course, as does QUT at Caboolture. You might find transferring to another uni makes the timetable more manageable, i.e. all your classes might be on one day or two, rather than all week. What year are you in?

And + 1million about your hubby being a lazy turd (sorry, but can't think of a nice way to describe him)

+1. Don't think I could handle being with someone as selfish and uninterested in his family as it sounds like your hubby is. A partners role is to support you in whatever it is your doing and to do their share of the housework, childcare, income earning etc whatever that share may be. I can't believe that he won't work yet won't look after his child while you work either!

I would investigate other unis etc but prob just discuss with the uni about your options and where you stand with being able to complete your degree etc. and go from there. But I'm still seething at your hubby.
Sign in to follow this topic