Huggies Forum

Dressing kids Lock Rss

I get this comment all the time about having a girl. Tbh when I was pregnant I was drawn more to boys clothes and today I was buying dd some shoes and thought the boy options were cuter! I'd love one of each though.

I love dressing my little girl. I think it as more to do with the fact that she is the only one out of 4 children. In saying that I love picking shoes out for my boys.
I love dressing both equally. There are such cute clothes out there for both sexes so I don't see how it matters really. I used to love doing DD hair though as it was always so long. She does it herself now unless she wants something special but even though she is only 11 she is getting taller than me and making it even hard to do that unless she sits on a chair lol

I find it easier to get clothes for DS. There are a lot of cute boys clothes and he isnt that fussy so it makes it easy the only requirment he has is that he is comfy and looks cool like uncle lol.
Dressing DD is a chore she would rather be naked and at almost 14 months she clearly indicates what she does and does not like (hate to think what she is going to be like in a few years) and dresses, frilly things and any kind of head band are a no go according to little missy. To be honest im not a real girly girl either so not one to see a dress and think owwwww thats cute. I like putting her in leggings or jeans and a top things that arnt going to get too trashed whilst she is crawling.

I don't have a preference either. I love buying clothes for my son and my daughter and love dressing them up equally, one is not funner (is that a word?!?!) than the other to me. I love clothes and shopping and so does my son and seemingly, at 20 months old, so does my daughter! I love choosing what they wear and will enjoy it for as long as it lasts before they want to choose their own outfits smile
I love picking out ds's clothes only problem is now he's not growing growing out of them quick enough my wallets happy though.
I always have a peek at the girls stuff because I can't help it all those little dresses are so cute but impractical. My friends pick on me when they catch me looking at the dresses.

Also been known as purpleUnicorn,RainbowDragon, Charmander and RobotUnicorn.

I'll admit I love looking at girls clothes, just seems that there is so much cute stuff - sometimes I wish it was in my size! But I like cute boys stuff too. I only have boys so don't know what it's like to have a girl.
I'm not going to lie, I much prefer picking clothes for DD over DS. There's just so many cute things for girls. As DS is getting a bit older though, I'm starting to like buying for him a bit more. The lack of selection in boys clothes for little babies is ridiculous. As he's getting older, the section is getting bigger and cuter so I may end up liking it just as much.
I only have boys so can't say about girls but I do always think that the girls sections are cuter! That said I do love picking out cute clothes for my boys and picking shoes as well. DS1 is probably harder now he's 4 and he tells me he doesn't really like wearing jeans but I tell him he can't always wear trackies!! Some seasons are better than others for clothes and I must say I'm really liking the clothes that are around this season

Well I haven't had a chance to dress my girl yet (gee that sounds weird!), but girls stuff is so cute! They do seem to have a bigger selection.

DS has a couple of nice shirts, but most of his everyday stuff is just a different colour shirt with a different kind of truck. Although I do like looking for shirts for him with something I know he will like on them.

My problem with boys clothes is that they seem to like putting skull and cross bones etc. on them and I won't buy that 'cause I think it's icky. I also don't like the slogans they have on their shirts! 'Little monster', '10% cute, 90% mischief' and other things saying how horrible little boys are. So I refuse to buy most slogan t-shirts too. Doesn't leave many options.

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

Zinkles wrote:

My problem with boys clothes is that they seem to like putting skull and cross bones etc. on them and I won't buy that 'cause I think it's icky. I also don't like the slogans they have on their shirts! 'Little monster', '10% cute, 90% mischief' and other things saying how horrible little boys are. So I refuse to buy most slogan t-shirts too. Doesn't leave many options.

You have hit the Nail on the head here! That's exactly what I hate about boys clothes, so many times I've seen nice shirts and then find a random skull and crossbones. And those slogans!... And I don't like dome of the brand names either, mil bought ds1 a shirt to keep at her house (I think it was second hand) but it was bad boy brand. Ds was so funny he said it doesn't say bad boy it says good boy!

I admit I don't like the slogans much either. I got given a few second hand baby tops that say things like
"My mum's a fox" and "I take the fun out of shopping" and I'm too embarrassed to use them and take him out in public like that.
Sign in to follow this topic