Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. How many loads of washing a week do you do?

How many loads of washing a week do you do? Lock Rss

I ask this as I have a friend that does a full load every day and we just wouldn't have enough washing to do it that often! I do wash multiple loads on one day though so if you spread out our washing it probably would equate to every day. I just hate doing washing, hate it!!! So for me to do it less often and more of it is better. My friend couldn't think of anything worse, she said to fill a day up with washing would feel awful to her!
I'm now wondering if she mixes towels and whites etc where I do all mine separate...

My friend and I have such different values and nothing in common.... wink

This is my 'routine'-

Saturday - 1 load of clothes, 1 load of whites, 1 load of towels
Tuesday or Wednesday - 1 load of clothes, 1 load of sheets, 1 load of towels

Sometimes I have to sneak in the odd extra load of clothes if DS has gone through a couple sets of clothes in a day...but we all have enough clothes to wash twice a week.

What do others do?! And do you mix your whites and towels etc?

I wash everyday. The clothes are split into whites and colours (whites are done everyday closer to once a week). Then I have a load of towels every day. A load of sheets everyday (I changed sheets every 2-3 days and wash one set each day). A load of tea towels, every two days (I don't use dish clothes, I can not stand them, so use a lot of tea towels), in with the tea towels are bibs as well.
I wash most days, weather dependent.

Over a week I get through:
3 loads clothes
1 load whites
2 loads sheets
2 loads towels
1 small load woollens

I have a 5.5kg machine. I would love a 8kg one coz then all sheets would fit in one load etc.
We work out pretty much a wash a day
Load of clothes every one - two days
Sheets once a week (chuck whites in with these)
Towels once a week

I tend to do 3 loads on a Monday - towels (because we swim on a Monday so all towels then get thrown in), whites/lights and dark.
Sheets on a weekend day (which just reminded me I forgot this wknd!)
And one other clothes load a week. Maybe a woollens load too
On average about 2-3 loads every day. Need to wash kids school uniforms every night plus have a bed wetter here so that's a load of sheets and mattress protector and another load for doona and cover. I wash mine and dds clothes together about every other day too. I usually save up towels to do on a day when ds has had a dry night otherwise I just don't have room to dry everything.
Every week is different. If little miss has accident i put a load on. So nearly every 2nd day for clothes to keep it down. I do the towels 1 or 2 times a week & i like to do the sheets once a week.

Pretty much every day or 5 days a week on average. Might do none for three days and then three loads on one day. It's sheets and towels that do my head in, especially getting them dry in winter. I feel guilty using the dryer all the time.

I usually wash on Tuesday's and Saturday's. 3 seperate loads, whites, colors and darks. Dp's work clothes once a week seperately from our clothes, towels every Tuesday seperately. Sheets weekly/fortnightly seperately again. Mixing towels and clothes- nooooooooo way!! Never!

I love doing the washing smile folding.. Not so much sad
*misskel* wrote:
I usually wash on Tuesday's and Saturday's. 3 seperate loads, whites, colors and darks. Dp's work clothes once a week seperately from our clothes, towels every Tuesday seperately. Sheets weekly/fortnightly seperately again. Mixing towels and clothes- nooooooooo way!! Never!

Misskel!!!! smile

Gosh, we do our washing on same days....now I'm getting really scared!!!!!!
*mummsy* wrote:
*misskel* wrote:

Misskel!!!! smile

Gosh, we do our washing on same days....now I'm getting really scared!!!!!!

wink smile
I do at least one load a day. It takes 2 loads to do the sheets once a week. Another load of just towels once a week. Then clothes are done at least every second day and on average we do two loads. They are sorted lights and darks. But never wash sheets, towels or clothes together they are all done separately. We are a family of five so we have heaps of washing. We also never wear things more than once. Wear today wash tomorrow or the next day. Then yes I also iron as well. Not everything but no way any of us leave the house without our uniforms or work clothes not ironed.

Sign in to follow this topic