Huggies Forum

Another post got me thinking. Lock Rss

Do you still wear makeup like you did before you had kids.

I use to wear makeup everyday before i had kids & always had bad pimples. Then with my first i started wearing it only went i went out, then my second it was like a treat to wear it.

Now with little miss i hardly wear it. Only if we go out for the day. My skin thanks me for it.

I do wear lipstick when i go out. But i don't miss it. Plus i don't always have time to spend time doing it.

I've never been much of a make up wearer so things didnt change once I had kids

Yes, I apply it each morning if I am leaving the house. For day to day I wear foundation, blush and mascara, I'm pretty speedy at it these days. It makes me feel good so I prefer to wear it
No, as I was working full time and now I'm not. Although, if I am going to put it on, I can do it in less than three minutes - primer, foundation, concealer, blush, mascara and lippie, so then gives me plenty of time to get the kids organised smile
I have always loved a bit of make up but never really needed to wear it a lot (everyday) when I was younger as looking back now, my skin was nice and I guess I looked fresh. Nowadays, I am looking a lot older and more drained so I tend to wear a bit every day. Usually I pop on moisturiser and then BB cream as it gives you cover but its not as heavy as a foundation. Then usually a it of brown eyeliner and bronzer on the cheeks or eyes. That's about all though for everyday use.
I used to wear make up every day up until 11 years ago when I had the aneurysm and stroke.After that I could not be bothered , now I wear it when I feel like it, not very often.I did on sunday and the boys all asked where I was going.

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

No. I have to say though- my skin also cleared up considerably since I haven't worn it everyday. Not it's just a special occasions kind of thing for me- and even then, I'm not exactly the make up artiste so I go very very light with it tongue I wish I knew how to do my own make up well.

I cant even say that I wasn't ever taught- I went to a performing arts school and we spent a lot of time learning how to do make up. I also did modelling courses and spent ages learning techniques. Can I do it? No. No I cant. Hair and make up. It's ridiculous. laugh laugh So jealous of those that doll themselves up and look amazing.
I rarely wore make up prior to having kids and nothing's changed. I just don't like putting all that crap on my skin and I'm not very good at it anyway. The most I'll wear is lip gloss and some foundation if I feel like it. I spend much more time on my hair as I feel so much better when it's styled nice.
I hardly have the time anyway now with 2 little ones!
I'm pretty much the same as pre kids. I don't wear it if I'm just at home or going around to do errands, school pick ups. But if I go out or into the city I put on some light make up.
I must be slack, I look in the mirror & think not today.

Used to wear mascara every day, now it's only if I'm going out for dinner or something in the evening plus a bit of foundation. Can't even remember the last time I bought makeup! I like to have my eyelashes tinted tho because then I look like I actually have eyes, tho I usually only get round to it once every 2 months now.
nursenellie wrote:
Used to wear mascara every day, now it's only if I'm going out for dinner or something in the evening plus a bit of foundation. Can't even remember the last time I bought makeup! I like to have my eyelashes tinted tho because then I look like I actually have eyes, tho I usually only get round to it once every 2 months now.

I can't remember when i last brought makeup too.

Sign in to follow this topic