Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

My slow cooker broke!! Rss

I used it last night and went to use it again this morning. I was grumpy 'cause DH didn't rinse it like I asked and was filling it with water while I chopped up the food when I noticed all the water coming out a crack in it's side!

Not looking forward to buying a new one! I suppose it has done us just over 5 years use so I can't really complain. How long have you ladies had yours for before they broke?

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

Aw that sucks! I love my slow cooker! Ours is a sunbeam and we've had it for about 4 years and so far so good (hope I don't jinx myself!). Can you just buy the pot not a whole new one? Would that be cheaper?

How annoying!

I haven't had any break but I've bought ones that are too big (6L) and then they nuke the food in half the time they are meant to and things get burnt!

This time I waited for the Briscoes sales and picked up a small ZIP slow cooker online for $30! Bargain. It's just big enough to fit a size 16 chicken in (can squeeze in a size 20 though) and it works much better than my oversized ones. I find a chicken takes 6 hours on low and 3 hours on high....slow cookers seem to cook faster these days!

I think this is the one I got...it's on sale right now for $36

http://www.briscoes.co.nz/kitchen/appliances/pr...

smile

My husband broke the glass lid on ours last night.... Glass everywhere! Chipped a tile on our kitchen floor too sad
I doubt if I can just buy a new lid so it will be a new slow cooker for me too.... That's if he wants dinner from now on, lol smile
I don't know if it's possible to buy just the bowl, but I'd imagine it's not that much difference in price than buying a whole new one.

I saw them on special pixie! I actually already have a small one - it's my big one that broke. Might wait until they are on sale again 'cause I'm not sure if I can convince DH to buy one now.

Roses - that just have made such a mess! I'm so glad mine was in the sink!

Sparkles - you win ! I can't believe it chipped a tile too! Briscoes have a pretty good sale on slow cookers at the moment if you have the money now.

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

Sign in to follow this topic