Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Has anyone had a naming day?? Lock Rss

I'm thinking of having a naming day instead of a christening for my bub and was wondering if anyone else has had one or been to one?

I would like to know what actually happens, where it was held, how old the child was etc.

Any suggestions would be great!

hi there
i wanted a naming name 4 my girl but time went by so quickly and i just ended up not having 1, i wish i could help out sorry.

good luck

steph n alexis 15 mths

steph n alexis 20mths and pregnant with 2nd bub

Hi my best friend had a naming day for her dd. She was about 5 months old. They just had close friends and family over at their house, and had a BBQ. The bubby was dressed in the sweetest little dress! They had a cake, and towards the end of the party my friend and her hubby cut the cake together, and made a speech about how happy they were with Tia, and thanking everyone for coming. It was really nice and relaxed, basically they were just welcoming bubs into the family i guess, as they arent religious, so didnt want to get her christened. It was a great day.
I hope i helped a little! Good luck.xxxx
Hi Nikki
We have had 3 of our 4 girls named. We did them in our backyard it was beautiful.
Our first naming was for the older 2.
1 was 1 day of 2yrs old and the other was 6 and a half months old. We had them in pretty satin dresses.
The 3rd naming was when she was 8moths old.
Our 4th will be named in 2 months time. She will be 18moths old.
We did this as I have no religion and my husband is catholic. His dad is a true catholic and doesn't believe in namings.( Should be christenened) I told him this is as close as it was going to go or none at all.
The lady we had was sweet. We just did the yard up with naming balloons and decorated the table and chairs up with bows. It wasn't formal and we really enjoyed the day. My best friend of 17yrs and her husband are godparents to them. We also just had a fruit cake that I made and decorated for them too.
Our 3rd DD naming was also combined with DH 40th birthday. We had naming at 10am and he was on call for work.( It was a set up)He was called out about 1pm so we then pulled down all decos and stuck up 40th decos. Everyone stayed on and partied.
I wouldn't do it any other way as it was more relaxing and stress free.
Thanks for all the suggestions. We're not planning on having it for a few more months yet, so I have plenty of time to plan something. I'm thinking of maybe a BBQ with family and friends. My other dilena is where to have it! We live in North Qld and all of our family is South East Qld!!

Keep the suggestions coming smile

I held a naming day for all 3 of my girls back in may, so they were 3months, 3 and 4 at the time, we held it at my in laws house, and my mum conducted the ceremony, we have 2 female mentors and 1 male mentor following a family tradition, my mum did a fairly standard ceremony with a lovely reading of a bryce courtney poem, it was a lovely day, extra special cause it was my mums first ceremony! i havent read all the posts so sorry if repeating, but the best thing to do would be look up celebrants in your phone book, find one whose price fits your budgets and talk to them about what you want and what normally happens thats what they are trained to do!
good luck and i hope you have a great day!

Charlie 5, Imee 3, Laura 13mths, and ttc #4!

Sign in to follow this topic