Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. wanted macaroni cheese recipe thanks

wanted macaroni cheese recipe thanks Lock Rss

hi all just wondering if anyone has an easy macaroni cheese recipe i can make this arvo for an 11mth old and 3yr old thanks wld really appreciate some replies.have a great day see ya.

shell 4yr old & 16mth

Cook macaroni, make a white sauce. I can't remember the exact measurments but this will work. You are making a rue. So one tablespoon butter, one plain four. Heat over medium heat in a heavy based pan. Constantly stir for a minute or two to cook out the taste of flour. Add milk (start with 1C and add more if you want a thinner sauce) Stir constantly, if it catches it will burn. Bring to a simmer and wait till it thickens. Add any flavour ie. cheese, vegies etc. Pour over macaroni top with cheese and place in oven until cheese is browned.
It sounds like alot of work but it doesnt take more than 7 mins really. Just make sure you keep stirring

Nicole

Hi this recipe is a womens weekly one and its great.
250g macaroni
60g butter
1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
3 cups (750ml) milk
2 cups(250g) pizza cheese grated...I use just tasty cheese

Cook pasta until just tender, whilst its cooking melt butter in med saucepan, add flour, cook stirring about 2 mins or until mixture thickens and bubbles. Gradually stir in milk, cook stirring until sauce boils and thickens.
Stir pasta and half of the cheese into the sauce then pour it into a shallow 2L (8cup) baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Place under a grill to brown the top.
If you wanted to put it in the oven to brown as well..I do!

You can always add some veggies to this as well. I have added a tin of salmon and veggies and my boys have scoffed it down.

Danielle

Sign in to follow this topic