Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Quick and Easy Tips for cleaning the house

Quick and Easy Tips for cleaning the house Rss

Hi my name is kaye and i thought it would be good to share some cleaning tips with you all i hope this helps and would love to here urs tips on cleaning
I use to clean my shower with any thing that would work but half the time the soap scum would be still there , so i asked my girlfriend how she could get her shower glass and tiles like new and she told me that she use STEEL WOOL SOAP PADS and so i went out and Brought some and tryed it and my shower has never look cleaner it looks like the first day we moved in to the house(we built this house)
i only brought the cheep home brand which on cost about $3 or less to buy
i hope this helps every one and it will give more time with the kids
kaye smile

i put the sold sign on my new house today

Now here's a good topic!
Re the scourers I used them in our previous house but ppl kept saying they scratch the glass & tiles and eventually make them harder to clean. Don't know how true that is but I decided not to take that risk when we built our new house. BUT a friend told me to keep a squeegy (spelling?) in the shower and dry the walls after each shower. It works great, we've been in our house 2yrs now and once every few months I give it a once over with jiff and it always looks great.
I've been known to cheat and use huggies wipes to give the floor tiles a quick spot clean if we're expecting visitors wink

Dizie, 2 girls, 2002 & 2003

I find "Shower Power" works wonders on soap scum in the shower. Once you spray and wipe it on, there is no need to scrub, which is the bit I hate the most.

Twins' Mum, VIC, E & A born 4/04

Hello everybody how are we all? I tried everthing under the sun to clean my bathroom and i found the best thing is 'JIF' my fiance is a panel beater so the shower is always slightly grubby from all the dirt and crap he drags in, but i used to scrub and scrub with all shower products and it still looks just as dirty on the floor, although the shower cleaning items smell nice i did not find they worked. Until i asked my sister what she used and told me Jif i thought she was mad but it worked wonders i just poured in on and wiped at it and straight away it lifted right off. I now use it on everything from the range hood to the stove, oven, shower i also even use it on my toaster. Jif may not smell that nice but i love it. Hope i save somebodys time and effort by suggesting Jif as than they have more time to spend with all those gorgous bubbas we have and love. have a nice day! Tmestar xox

DS 21-04-04 & Due 16-11-06

Hi Kaye

If you are talking about the flat round hotplates - as opposed to the coiled type - there is a polish called 'Rubedin' (I think), it comes in a tube and I'm pretty sure you can get it at the supermarket. It's sort of a black paste and you rub it into the hotplates and turn them on for a short time and polish it off when they cool and they come up looking almost brand new again.

Another tip I just remembered -

If you've been cutting onions or garlic, rub your hands on some stainless steel - the kitchen sink is perfect - and your hands won't smell. I know it sounds weird but it really works. I remember seeing stainless steel in the shape of a bar of soap at a homewares store selling for about $8 - but the kitchen sink works just as well.

Jasmine
i was wondering if anyone has any remedies for cleaning the surface of an iron?
How much do you hate cleaning the oven racks???? I soak them in the laundry sink in Napisan overnight and the black baked on food n stuff just falls off. Mum also soaks her stainless steel cutlery in the Napisan as well and she reckons that works. Also the exhaust fan covers work well in the Napisan. No elbow grease needed.
The best thing i ever used to clean my shower was my husband, it works a treat. LOL
Deluxe Tile Cleaning Perth offer proficient tile sealing, tile stripping, tile sealing, tile regrouting, grout color sealing, and minor tile repairs day tile cleaning services. Call the team at Deluxe Tile Cleaning today. We are offering 24 hours 7 days a week Marble Tile Cleaning Perth at afforadable prices. Certified Team of Tile Cleaning Perth holding over one decade knowledge in Tile Cleaning. Give us 1300331708 a call to book now. We provide same day services in all suburbs of Perth.
Sign in to follow this topic