Huggies Forum

having baby # 3 Lock Rss

Hi All,

This is my first time on the parents forum. I have 2 kids which I love dearly. Lately I have been thinking I would like baby number 3 (well not lately, a while actually). Not just yet, in a year or two. Problem is, my husband is totally against it. No matter what I say, he just doesn't want it to happen - for a lot of reasons really, financially mostly. I can see his point of view, but I just can't shake the image of another little bundle of joy to complete our family. Am I being selfish? Should I just forget about it? I really don't think hubby would change his mind though.
What do you other mums think?

angela, QLD, 3 year old, 8 month old

hey there angie,

i have 3 of my own at the moment, preg with num 4!!, and yes 3 is ok.
i did find goingfrom 2 to 3 kids hard, harder than going from 1 to 2, but with 3 kids, finacially i mean it doesnt alter your life dramtically. you can still have a normal sized car, can fit comfortably into a 3brm house. but on the other side, i find i can take any 2 of my kids out with me, and it is so much easier than 3. you know what they say, 3's a crowd!! i really make sure i share all roles with each kid, taking turns with either jobs or coming with me to the shop etc.
so over all, three is ok, hard, but ok!
It took me about a month to talk my Hubby into having #3. I've always wanted 3. Back in March last year out of the blue Hubby said he wanted a third, but financially didn't think we would be alright. In September last year he got a better job and a huge pay rise so we had the TALK again and started trying the following month. I got preggers in November and # 3 is due 21/8. I have a 3 1/2 year old and a 2 year old. My first 2 are 17 months apart and # 2 and # 3 will be around 26 - 27 mths apart (depending on when I have it.) It's def. not an easy job particularly when you're toddlers are sick and you have m/s. Some days I just don't want to get out of bed. But I know it will be worth it.

Taneisha 15/12/01, Tariq 29/05/03, Malik 25/08/05

Sign in to follow this topic