Huggies Forum

New mum Rss

i am a new young mum with another one on the way and i dont know how to cope i would love to hear from mums thanks.
tell us about you? how old are you? how old is your little one? age? sex? named? how far are you preggas? are you married/single/engaged?

let us know about you.

my name is narelle. i am 22 i have a 19 month old daughter eilish. i am engaged to Bill. we've been trying to have another baby for 13 months now. and we are really hoping it happens soon. i live in south australia.

my email is kodeybear@hotmail.com

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

Hi Mishelle,

I am a new mum too (maybe not so young though). I have twin boys 5mths. Happy to chat re anything baby or just general chat. How old is your first child and when are you due?

Victoria ~ 3yr old beautiful twin boys

well my name is mishelle i am 21 my first is 11 months his name is caleb and my second is due april. my mum is not there for me much so i dont know how to cope very well but i love my son very much.
Hi Mishelle,
Don't try to plan out your weeks in advance. Just take each day as it comes, or for that matter, each minute. Things will fall into place in no time, and you will wonder what you were worried about. My mother-in-law has had 8 kids with very close together age gaps. Two of her kids are only 11 months apart. She took each day as it came and dealt with things as they needed to be dealt with. Try not to stress and worry, as the kids will pick up on it. There are lots of women in similar situations, so we are here to chat anytime.
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

Hi Mishelle
I'm a young mum also, i'm 20 with a baby daughter who is 8 months old. Sometimes I find it hard to cope too, my partner is at work from 5am till 5pm nearly everyday and my family live some distance away, plus I have no car so it's just me and bubs most the time at home. I'm lucky cus my daughter is a fairly happy baby and I have learnt and learning still everyday what she likes to eat, what she likes to play with, I have put her into a routine since she was about 5 weeks old and that has been such a big help. If you want to chat with me, you can email me at naughtybychoice@hotmail.com
hello there new mum.
im 22 with a baby girl i would love to get to know you. i have a patner he is 22 also and a great dad, we live in the country and love it. still close to the city though about 2 hrs drive. my patner and i are hoping for another one very soon, and i worry about how i will cope but i look forward to the challenge. look forward to hearing from you bye

catherine mum to tasmin and Liam

I dont think that you end up coping but I guess tht you just have to. I only ahve the one but have been trying for 20mths. All of my friends have 2 but I give them alot of support and i am always there to look after the kids when they need it. So it will be hard but If you ever need totalk im here
Mel mother of one (20mths)

mel, qld, tristan 4

It seems like there is alot of support out their for new mums.

Do "young mums" get any "flack" about being young. As an older mum at 35 I am always being "advised" you better have another one soon, time is running out, you don't want to be too old to enjoy them etc etc. Mind you I already have twins!!!

Victoria ~ 3yr old beautiful twin boys

Hi,

My name is leanne and i have a one month old daughter Talana.

When i was pregnant i got a lot of comments about being a "young" mum and how i would not be able to cope with the responsibilites of being a mother.

Most of the time i ignored the comments as i dont care what other people think about me, i know that i am doing the right thing by my duaghter and i have a lot of support and now that if i ever need help all i have to do is ask!

Towards the end of my pregnancy, the comments started to get to me though and made me think "if so many people are saying i cant cope, will i really be able to?" But since having my duaghter i have realised that YES i can cope (HA to all the people who said otherwise!) and YES i am loving every seconds i spend with my daughter and watching her grow and develop before my eyes!

I suppose that no one will ever be happy with women who want babies, your too young, too old, to fat, to independant, to dependant, not financially secure, to selfish etc!!!

I hope that you dont take it to heart what people say because they dont really know what is going to happen some women might want to wait to have children and who cares if your 18, 25 or 35 when you start??

If you look back 50years ago, most women were EXPECTED to get married and have families young, but as society has changed so has peoples perception of when women should be "capable" of having children.

Mummy to Talana Michelle Kimberley (13/12/2003)

if anyone would like to chat, feel free to add me to your msn leanne_williams_1983@hotmail.com or e-mail me anytime!

Mummy to Talana Michelle Kimberley (13/12/2003)

my partner is 3 years younger then me and he works 5 to 5, 6 days out of 7 a week my mum did not talk to me for awile when i told her about my first son caleb and her reason was she was to young to be a grandmother she has not spent much time with my son wich is sad cos he is such a happy baby, i wish she was there for me more so i can tell her about the one on the way.
Sign in to follow this topic