My 13 month old daughter is also anaphylaxic. She is serverly allergic to peanuts aswell as eggs and dust mites. We have a nut & egg free home and expect everyone who comes into our home to respect it. As for going out, we never leave home without an epipen. We've never had to use it (touch wood) but have been to a training course and an education program.
I feel the awareness of food allergies is becoming greater which is very reassuring.
If you want to chat more about this, please do not hesitate to email me on : [email protected]