Huggies Forum

Something silly!!! Rss

Have you ever reacted in a really silly and childish way when it comes to your children. My youngest twin got his first two teeth through the other day and I was SO excited I was dancing around the house, skipping, practically squealing with delight - I still haven't taken the smile of my face. My husband thinks I am crazy. In all the tougher times in caring for bubs, no sleep, crying, fussy eaters etc etc, I actually found it very cleansing to do this. Am I alone, or do other mums do this to.

Victoria ~ 3yr old beautiful twin boys

I did exactly the same thing when my daughter sat up by herself, crawled and stood by herself. These are big milestones for the bubs and they deserve to be cheered on and congratulated! My daughter gets a big WOOHOO and a sing and dance around the house when she learns something new!

Rachel, 20mth girl + 1 on the way

hi well my daughter is 8 1/2 mths old and still no teeth so when she gets teeth i will proberly do the same thing go crazy i am also the same when my daughter does anything new i get so excited and jump around everywhere and my b/f just looks at me really strange.
I think all mums should have at least one WOOHOO moment everyday. Even if it is because they have been able to sit for more than 5 mins!!!

Hey Twinkletoes, my daughter is 9 months and still no teeth! I count myself lucky coz I'm still b/feeding!

hi desert girl well i guess you are quite lucky that your daughter has no teeth cause it might be different when she latches on to your breast if she had teeth my daughter has been teething for so long and they are all there but just wont come through yet but they say the longer it takes the better the teeth should be. so whats your daughters name?
Hi all,
I do silly things like dance about and yell and scream etc everyday, just because it makes my little man laugh, and I love to hear him laughing. He is such a happy baby, and his giggle makes me giggle, and then we roll around the laughing and giggling, then his dad walks in and catches us and says we are a bunch of looneys. Oh well, you get that, and he loves it!!
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

Hi Tracey,

Don't you find that refreshing. I love being silly for my boys - its the one time you can act like a child yourself, and I love their laughs and giggles. My husband often tell the boys that their mother is a looney - and I love it!!!!

Hi Victoria,
When my husband tells me I'm looney, I tell him he is looney too......after all, he married a looney didn't he!!!!! I think it is great getting down on the floor with my little man. I don't feel silly at all. I am playing with my boy, and as they grow so fast, it is something I will cherish forever. All too soon, they grow up, and you can no longer play silly games with them. (Because then they look at you stupid and laugh at you, not with you!) Keep on being silly!!!
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

Hi Tracey,

Absolutely. May the "sillyness" in your life endure for many many years. Enjoy.

Hey again Twinkletoes, my daughter's name is Ella. She is 9 months and absolutely gorgeous! She's motoring around the place now and getting into everything she's not supposed to. How about your little girl - what's her name and what's she up to?

Hi Twin Mum,

I get excited over every little thing that my daughter does. She is 13 months old now and I just marvel at every milestone. She just got her 6th tooth and I was wrapped. I think it is important to get excited for our children. If we don't then who will? I say a good mummy is a happy excited mummy. You are not alone.

Michelle smile
Sign in to follow this topic