Huggies Forum

ok Perth ladies Lock Rss

Me : Probably not lol I'm not really concerned about it, don't think it's going to cross the coast as a cyclone, might just get some strong winds...

My mum just rang and started harping on at me to bring everything from out the back inside and go out and buy rope and stuff to secure the trampoline hahah not quite sure if I'll be going that far!!

So what is everyone else doing? Securing stuff or not? I have a feeling mainly coastal areas will be affected...
I'm in Busselton so last night we were thinking it was coming this way on Sunday. Thank goodness it's changed track slightly and we're not so much in the path. Even still we're tidying up the yard and packing away any loose stuff that could get picked up by big wind. I think anyone from Perth metro and south of there would be crazy not to prepare, you never know which way it will go.
Have a look at this Mandurah is gonna get hit real bad!

Us were not going to worry about securing things down, i dont even think it will be that bad! Well lets hope not, if it does hit well i guess we will be standing out in the storm tying things down!! <span class="emoticon laugh">laugh</span>

Hope everyone stays safe if anything does come!
Hey i don't live in perth but my cousins do and i want to know what's going on. They haven't been on facebook yet so i'm starting to worry about what going on.
I'm in north qld and they reckon we going to get hit with 2. I'm more worried about my cousin then 2 cyclones that will hit our area.

Hey i don't live in perth but my cousins do and i want to know what's going on. They haven't been on facebook yet so i'm starting to worry about what going on.
I'm in north qld and they reckon we going to get hit with 2. I'm more worried about my cousin then 2 cyclones that will hit our area.

Hey,

Nothing has hit yet but they think Perth and the South West are going to get hit with a catorgry(sp) 3 cyclone tomorrow night, which is the same one we had up North earlier in the week. I didnt hear if any damage was caused up North but they are telling us to brace for the worse! Its currently about 36 and sunny at my house with no cloud in site, so who knows!

Here is a link, to the news report about the cyclone.

Do you know where your cousins live?
hey i am up north and just had the cyclone I think you will all most probably just get winds usually a cyclone looses strength when it gets to cooler water. I am pretty sure they are saying it will be a low when it crosses. But i would just be tidying up loose item just to be on safe side. There is no need to panic apparently people down south are going a bit mental. But you never know just prepare for the worst and you will be fine. We live in cyclone area and people still panic and cue for hours in woolies grabbing things so i can see why people are panicking as media does seem to make things sound worse but sometimes can be a good thing to make people aware of the dangers. Stay safe everyone hope it isn't as bad as they are making out.

BRA QLD 6yo & 4 yo girls

please secure your trampoline even if you dont think it will get that bad. im no where near cyclone territory but we had strong winds one night and sometime during the night i woke to have a look outside to find my tramp was trying to jump the fence. it broke a few poles etc went through the top part of the fence and caught the netting on the next door neighbours fence. they can do a lot of damage and all these new ones with the safety netting catch the wind really easily.

please dont risk it. imagine if it flew over the fence into a car

mum to one goregous boy

Hey ladies i live up NOR near Clarkson/Butler, do you think it will hit us? im on the coast line

Ive put al mia's toys & teh garbage & recycling bin in the garage but im worried about trampoline,do you think i will need to tie it down or shoudl be right?

Hey ladies i live up NOR near Clarkson/Butler, do you think it will hit us? im on the coast line

Ive put al mia's toys & teh garbage & recycling bin in the garage but im worried about trampoline,do you think i will need to tie it down or shoudl be right?

i would tie it down just to be safe. get some tent pegs and some rope and tie and peg it down. best to do that then have it go flying around the backyard

mum to one goregous boy

It seems the warning is more for coastal areas... I'm not freaking out in the slightest although I know alot of people that are lol There's been forecast a chance of showers or thunderstorm this arvo and on the news update just before there was no mention of rain or anything for tomorrow just 36 and humid, so I don't expect we are going to get much from it... If it gets a bit windy this afternoon I might bring the outdoor furniture in.

A couple of my friends are up around Dongara and Jurien Bay, they said the weather is crazy atm so will be interesting to see what happens when it heads down this way grin

Hey,

Nothing has hit yet but they think Perth and the South West are going to get hit with a catorgry(sp) 3 cyclone tomorrow night, which is the same one we had up North earlier in the week. I didnt hear if any damage was caused up North but they are telling us to brace for the worse! Its currently about 36 and sunny at my house with no cloud in site, so who knows!

Here is a link, to the news report about the cyclone.

Do you know where your cousins live?

They live in differnt subsurbs of perth.
Thanks for answering my question.

I heard Rockingham and Mandurah might be hit with some destroying winds and rain sad I hope not! We are down that way!

I have made sure clothes are off the line, toys packed away and things like that. Also have my candles handy! My cousin live in Geralton, and it just passed her, she said BAD winds and rain and her power has been out for a couple of hours, so i made sure i bought some candles today, just incase smile

Stay safe everyone
Sign in to follow this topic