Huggies Forum

Young Mums Lock Rss

Hi to all these amazing young mums!
I'm Emma and I was 21 when I fell pregnant with my beautiful baby girl Maya (who isn't such a baby any omre - she was 1 on Saturday!). Her Dad and I were living together but he's a lot older and has 4 kids already so we weren't exactly planning Maya's arrival. He didn't leave me or anything like that, in fact I left him when Maya was 3 mths old because he is an alcoholica nd was drinking all the time. He was too drunk to come to the hospital even when Maya was born! Anyway, he'snow sober and spends a lot of (supervised) time with his daughter so who knows, we might get back together.
I was in labour for 41 hours all up coz Maya was posterior, when she was finally born she weighed 9lb0oz (4070kg), I had an epidural after 36 hours, but I eventually pushed her out normally. I'd love to have another baby but Maya's dad is not so keen...
My email
[email protected]
also pics of my beautiful girl
www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mayadavis

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

Hi Mandy,

I am a single 18yo mother with an 8mths old baby girl. I was 17 when i had her, i am no longer with the babies father. At one stage he was saying that he was the father of our daughter (MYA) which really hurt me. At first he was to scared to admit it but now that he's family have meet her, they keep saying how much she looks like him so now he knows he is the father which has made me happier in a way. He sees he's daughter nearly every week-end when i take her over. I"m so glad that he's family are bonding with her. They didn't no anything about her untill she was 6mths, i ended up going to there house and telling them. I hope we can keep in contact. My hotmail is: [email protected] You can add me to your msn if you what.

Bye for now

Carla

Carla, QLD, 2 yr girl

HI Carla,
My little darlings name is pronounced Mya too but we spell it Maya. She's named after a poet, Maya Angelou

Hi Emmy-lou,

Do you love having names that you don't hear all the time. It was really hard at naming my daughter. As a little girl my fav. singer was Mya so i thought that's a nice name and named my daughter that. Where are you from in NZ? Mya's dad is from over there? He is a Tonga.

Buzz me back Take Care

Carla

Carla, QLD, 2 yr girl

We're in Auckland. Maya's dad is Maori so thats where she gets her gorgeous olive skin from.
I wanted a name for her that was unusual but I had no idea where to start. I found out she was a girl and so I was looking at girls names, but Maya Angelou is my favorite poet (I'm a journalist/writer). As soon as I thought of calling bubs Maya she started kicking like mas, so thats where it came from.
Her full name: Maya Grace Te Irirangi Marama
(Te Irirangi Marama means the point where heaven and earth meet)

HI,
My daughter has really nice olive skin too, which is so cute. I really wanted a Tonga name for my daughters second name but i didn't know how to pronounce the words, mya's dad wasn't around at that time so i didn't really worry about it. Your daughter has a great name with a meaning to. Sweet

Carla, QLD, 2 yr girl

It's a shame your daughters dad wasn't around - he's missing so much. Maya's dad is generally a drunk but he's been sober since Jan 14 and comes to visit heaps which is great. I'm glad for Maya that he is a part of her life atm for however long it lasts this time (he has 5 kids and isn't exactly father of the year)

Hi emmy-lou,

I still it is really silly, Males go and have kids but they don't really look after them. Some guys do, don't get me wrong. I just think is it stupid. Me and Mya's dad are talking now, He is meant to be coming sleeping over on the week-end (But i haven't got my hopes up). This week-end last year, me and duke found out that we were having a baby so we thought we'll have a lil party with mya. I just hope he turns up.
Carla

Carla, QLD, 2 yr girl

When I told Maya's dad I was preg he said "what's new pussycat". She's his 5th child, the others are ages 11, 14,18,23. He went to work while I was in labor and I had to ring him and tell him I'd ad bubs and he wouldn't even leave work - he came to visit after work!
I hope this weekend works out well for you and Mya. Hw far along were you when you found out you were preg?

hi carla

i just wondering how you cope with out ur babies dad as i have now joined the single mum club too

DD may 03, DS oct 06

Emmy-lou,

Are they all your children? If you dont mind me asking? While i was in labour i rang Duke about 12:30pm on he's cell phone. Of cause he was sleeping at the time. I told him im having our baby, then he told me to ring back the next day. I was so MAD and ANGRY. When i rang the next day and told him, he was in shock he thought i was faking it. He said that he wouldn't of been alound out at that time cause he's parents didn't know. He was to scared to see her. He finally got the guts to come by and see her, she was about 6 wks. When he come into the house, he was to scared of going into the room where mya was. He told everyone in the house to go in the kitchen, so everyone did. I wanted to see he's reaction but he told me to stay in the living room. I turn the light off in the babies room then left the door open a little bit of duke in go in. I was looking down the hallway, Duke walking in the room shut the door then turned the light on. Boy did he run fast out of the room. He was really scared of seeing a little baby that looks like him. I went in the back in the room with him and was about to pick her up. He pushed me at of the road and starting huging and kissing her. It was really cute. At that time. All of my family rocked up at the house. They all seen duke crying. I just hope he will start to be here more, especailly after this week-end. WISH ME LUCK.

Carla

Carla, QLD, 2 yr girl

mummy1300,

It really hard but with all the friends in here we can all relate and ask each other for advice. At first it can be hard but you get use of it. I always think of its better if the father left earlier then later. That way the child doesn't get that attached, But it is a sad thing which i think is really stupid.

Carla

Carla, QLD, 2 yr girl

Sign in to follow this topic