Huggies Forum

HELLO JO79 Rss

I just had to write a special message to you Jo! You remind me so much of me this time last year!! I was due 1.7.03 and was induced 16.7.03,my son was born 17.07.03.His middle name is SETH after Seth Enslow - because hubby lovvvvvved it,and I hated it,but I thought - if I don't put Seth in there somewhere - if we have another boy - he would hassle me about it! Lol.Everyday I get on here to see how u are doing - I am sending you labour thoughts!!
Good Luck
Martixx

Marti, NSW, Baby Boy born on 17th July 2003

Hi Marti

Thanks for your kind words. Maybe your thoughts brought my labour on ... you posted this at 11.40pm on Saturday night and my contractions started at about midnight ... he he.

As you will see in the other post our beautiful baby boy arrived on the 11th July. I am still on cloud 9 and just can't stop looking at him. I was due to be induced today actually ... everytime I look at Ryan I just keep thinking how special these last 5 days have been and am so thankful he came before that date.

As soon as Ryan was put on my chest my partner said 'I think he looks like a Deegan babe.' It actually took us till Tuesday morning to agree on a name. I just had to put my foot down about Deegan cause I just didn't like it in the end. Ryan ended up being the only name we both liked. I told my partner that if we have another boy and he still likes the name Deegan he can have it ... words I may live to regret - he he.

What is your little boys name?? Only 6 days till he is 1. I bet the year has flown for you ...

Thank you once again for your kind words and thoughts (they obviously worked) and would love to keep chatting with you!

Jo

Ryan (2) & Jayden (18mths)

Hi Jo

I am so glad to hear that Ryan came all by himself! And I agree with you fully - they are just so hard to stop staring at!!And it doesn't stop either! A year on,and I could still stare at mine for hours! My sons name is Mekhi Seth,and he is one this Saturday - I cannot believe how fast it had gone! I hope to talk to you again as well,although no doubt your stories will make me clucky as a chook! Hahaha

Oops I have totally lost concept of time haven't I. I must have still thought it was the 11th of July when I said it was only 6 days till Mekhi's birthday. What plans do you have for his birthday??

We are off for Ryan's first checkup this morning. Once again he was so good last night. I got about 8 hrs sleep even if it was broken into three chunks. Fingers crossed he stays a good sleeper and eater but I am well aware there will be 'those' days.

I know what you mean about getting clucky. So many of my friends have said exactly the same thing smile Any plans for more children? My partner only wanted one but changed his mind as soon as he laid eyes on Ryan ... thank goodness. Two would be enough for me though I think ...

Till next time
Jo

Mekhi was the same when he was newborn,I never felt as though I didn't get any sleep.I always got enough sleep,it was just a few hours at a time! We are planning on one more,hopefully going to start trying in December. Did you know you were having a boy? You were very lucky with your labour I read - thats great!

Hi Marti,

Yes we knew we were having a boy ... we have three pregnant friends at the moment and none of them have found out and can't believe we did. We would do it the same again though next time. It is nice to be able to mentally prepare yourself for one or the other, refer to the baby as a 'him' or 'her' and also buy for a 'boy' or a 'girl'. Did you find out??

Had my worst night sleep last night yet but that was my fault. My partner was away with work and after his 7pm feed Ryan had a huge chuck and appeared to be choking which scared me, so I thought I would spoil the both of us and have Ryan sleeping in with me ... BIG mistake. He didn't sleep well all night in a different spot so of course I didn't either ... At mum and dad's today (to escape visitors) so hoping to get some naps and they will watch him for me ... gotta love grandparents.

Yes I do feel lucky with my labour. My tip for a troublefree pregnancy and labour is to be as fit as possible before being pregnant and keep active during pregnancy. I was gym instructing part-time when I found out I was pregnant. I stopped teaching but kept walking every day and kept up with my yoga. I really think this has also helped me bounce back into shape and health pretty quick too. Easier said than done though I think when you have a toddler ...

You will have a good gap between your two if you start trying for a second at the end of the year.

Speak to you soon,
Jo

Hi Jo
Sorry it took so long to reply.

Yes,we knew that we were having a boy as well, I was waaaaaaaay too nosy to not find out. Everyone used to ask me why I found out as well, and I just said - because its my baby,and I wanted to know. If you don't want to know what I am having - don't ask!

I understand about your bad sleep. When Mekhi was newborn, it was freezing! ( As it is with July babies smile ) and we were living in a very cold town. So we moved our bed into the lounge room,in fromt of the fire,and we all slept out there for a few weeks. Such a mistake - we still have a child that will sleep all night in our bed,but will wake up a million times in his own. I am actually trying to break the habit now.

I hope you and Ryan are doing great - doesn't the time fly once they are actually out here with us!!

Marti

Sign in to follow this topic