Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Communities
  4. Personal Messages
  5. New member looking to chat...

New member looking to chat... Lock Rss

Hi everyone. I'm 21 years old and I am currently 26 weeks pregnant with my first child.
I love being pregnant but I feel as though people look down on me because of my age. I am also sick of people telling me how big I am (I've put on about 11 kilos) and when they find out I still have until January they look at me funny as if to say "You must be just fat then". Anyway if anybody wants to chat I'd love to hear from you. I especially like to hear about peoples labour stories.

hi Juile, how are you? My name is Martha, i am 29 and have 4 children and one on the way.
Hi Emma-t, how are you? My name is Martha and i am 29. I have 4 children and one on the way. I am also due in january. email address is muffin18@bigpond.com
bye for now
Martha
hi julie,

i had my boy at the rbh.. what about you.. i would love to chat sometime too.. i know what you mean by your spare time being taken up, i am glad that kenzie sleeps during the day so i can get stuff done but i miss him at the same time.. weird hey..

talk soon
melissa

Mel, Briz, 3 children

hi emma,

i am 23 yr old and had a baby nine weeks ago.. he was my first child also.. dont worry too much about being saying how big you are you will feel that way for the duration of your pregnancy but it does get better.. you have nothing to worry bout i put on bout 22kg thru my pregnancy but once you have your baby it will come off. dont think that people look down on you either, now days people are waiting to have children later, but in the earlier days people had babies at our age even younger.. would love to chat sometime, we can chat on msn if you have it if you like also..

talk soon

Mel, Briz, 3 children

hi melissa
I too was not real keen on the job I was doing so it was a great relief to be able to give it up when I moved to bris. I love being at home with my little man he brings so much more satisfaction then any job will ever give me. I am looking for something different to go back to but not real sure what. my msn address is grr_one@hotmail.com. hope to chat soon

kia, bris

hi emma
never worry about what other people say to you or think about you. everyone told me I was to young to have a baby because I was 22 when i had my bub and people told me I was fat as I put on 18 kilos during my pregnancy but I never let it worry me I felt that I was ready even though he came as a surprise. always remember that being pregnant is one of the most beautiful times in your life and that the weight will disappear once baby comes. hope to chat soon

kia, bris

hey kia,

forgot to put my hotmail address on last message to talk msn.. my address is mmelby79@hotmail.com you can add me onto you list if you like than we can chat sometime.. look forward to talking to you.. hope all is well

Mel, Briz, 3 children

Thanks Mel/Kenzie for your reply. I'm finally starting to understand what people mean when they say pregnant women are automatically made "Public Property" as I only live in a small town this seems to make things worse. My age doesn't worry me, I mean I have everything prepared for the baby, everything they will need physically and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to provide my baby with everything they need emotionally.
So how did your labour go?? Was it really as bad as everyone says? At the moment I'm excited about labour I am looking forward to the experience, and I can't wait to finally be a Mummy

Thanks for your reply Kia. How did your labour go?? I love hearing about peoples labour stories.
Also just wanted to know how did you cope with a baby financially being a young parent. I read somewhere that new borns cost about $200.00 a week. If this is the truth then I don't think we can survive on my partners wage by itself.

Thanks
Emma

hi there emma im belinda 29 from melb i have 2 girls six and 8weeks and would love to chat

tayla 16/08/03

hi emma
my labour was ok as far as labour goes. my waters broke at 2.30am and we waited around home until 8am when we went to the hospital. I was examined when we got there and was found not to be dilated at all. within a half hour of my examination I was 3cm dilated. the pain at that stage was bearable. by 1pm I couldn't take the pain any more and asked for drugs which was something I thought I didn't want to do before I went into labour that is! By about 4.30 I felt the desperate need to push and by 5.17pm I was holding my little man in my arms. I don't really remember that much about the pain all I can really remember is that overwhelming feeling that took over when I held my boy for the first time. Although my mum who went through it all with me said I did nothing but call out for my "mummy" for about 4 hours. she will never let me live it down............as for financially looking after bub cost my partner and I about $300 a month in nappies,formula and any other things bub might need. My partner is only a 1st year apprentice baker so his money is crap so I get centrelink payments which is a real big help. If your worried about money talk to centrelink cause you may be entitled to some sort of payment. We were also lucky because our families helped buy the things we needed before bub was born and we bought heaps of nappies and clothes in all sizes before bub came along. If you are able breastfeed that will make it slightly cheaper because your not spending money on formula. also we buy clothes and things when we see them on special this has saved us heaps!! .............talk to you soon..............

kia, bris

Sign in to follow this topic