Christmas Picture Frames
Skill for Bub: Muscle builder, Hand/eye coordination, Just for fun, Making memories, Parties and Celebrations
Help the kids make Christmas picture frames, they are a great gift idea.
So many parents have their child’s photo taken with Santa at Christmas. Placing the photo into a photo frame made by your child would turn it into a great gift idea for grandparents and friends, in fact Christmas is a great time to give the whole family a new photo of your little star. The kids can help decorate the photo frame making it a very special gift.
Here’s a list of what you’ll need:
- Scissors, glue, sticky tape, paint and brushes, ruler, felt pieces and glitter glue sticks.
- One piece of firm cardboard.
- A piece of string, ribbon or an attachable magnet.
Putting it all together:
- Decide on the size of your photo and frame and cut them both to size. You can use any Christmas element as the theme for the shape including a large star, Christmas tree, stocking, angel or snowman.
- Centre your photo on the piece of cardboard and draw around the outline.
- Let your child decorate the frame however they choose leaving the photo space blank as anything in this space will be covered with the photo. They can paint the cardboard, cover it all in felt, stick craft bits all over it and add the year using glitter glue pens. All these materials are readily available from discount stores. Let your child’s imagination run wild!
- Once it’s dry, glue your child’s Christmas photo in the designated space and leave it to dry.
- Fix the piece of string, ribbon or magnet into place at the back of the frame and your photo is ready to go.
- You can add a second piece of cardboard to the back if you feel the frame is not strong enough.